Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the sno pro track so i am just wondering if i stud the track will it shorten the life of the track drastically? If not what do you guys recommend for a F7 for ice drags and how many? Also is there a stud pattern for our sleds?

Or should i just buy a small track and stud that? Although that sounds like alot more work

heheh
thx

·
Registered
614 Posts
If I was going to do ice drags on a plowed suface I think I would get a lower profile track. What do you do most trail ride or just drag?

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
The 1.375 track will just bend the studs over on bare ice compared to the 1" track. You probably should have got the 1" in the first place. It's a fine all around track. My 800 had the 1" track and hooked pretty good. The 1.375 is a freakin trail shredder :eek:
Cat S.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bah

where i go theres not alot of traffic or trails.... aka fresh powder....so i appreciate the hook up of the larger track.....

when i was on my buds rx-1 ( 1" track ) same lake....seemed gutless off the beaten path

but i do agree about the studs

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I agree, my 1.375" sneaker is AWESOME in loose snow and powder. I do have mine studded and just accept the fact that she won't hook on glare ice with those LONG studs. I wouldn't worry about the life of your track unless you plan on spinning on lots of rocks / dirt / pavement and that neat stuff. I stud all my tracks.
Cat S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts