Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed track lug screws?

How do they work compared to studs?

I am considering these because of reduced weight. I do not ride on ice or alot of lakes, mostly hard packed. occassionaly I run across some ice patches, but do these give you equilevent traction compared to studs?
Does anyone have any clearanc issues?
Any info would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts
Ive heard they pull out a lot, I was thinking about it myself but I'm not sure about durability

·
Registered
156 Posts
early season articles in some of the mags. stated that they are not recomended in sleds over 100 h.p.-they found that they tear the lugs and the point comes through the bottom of the lug-i was also considering them but decided against them after reading this

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I have never run them or even seen them on a sled around here, BUT I would recomend not using them. Try searching on here or maybe someone else can help because earlier in the season there were pics on here of someone that had put them on the sno pro track and the studs had turned his tunnel into confetti. The studs cut grooves through the tunnel anywhere they had touched. I would have to say clearance is definately an issue!

Hope this helps

·
Registered
151 Posts
Originally posted by es414@Feb 27 2003, 09:35 AM
early season articles in some of the mags. stated that they are not recomended in sleds over 100 h.p.-they found that they tear the lugs and the point comes through the bottom of the lug-i was also considering them but decided against them after reading this
Had them in my ZR 500 and they were great, tryed them in my F7 and after first 60 miles two of them started to pull out and ripe the lug. Took them out and don't miss them. I think they would be fine if you could put enough in, but because of clearence you can only get 121 in the track. I had 250 in my ZR.

Steve

·
Registered
174 Posts
When you talk about the amount of screws you need vs. studs it really isn't any cheaper and lets face it, if it looks like $hit, smell like $hit then it probably is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts