Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear alot of people talking about "Horsepower". This is all focused on the engine output. I agree - engine output is the initial means of measuring the power. However, you aren't going to move to fast unless the track HP is up as well.
What I want to know the track horsepower. Does anybody have this information? OR is anyone going to get this done? (Don't suprised if you lose around 50% of "Engine Output" to the track)

Thanks alot.

·
Registered
841 Posts
There was a guy in town with a track dyno but he sold it. I would guess that the track hp is around 80 on the F7 whitch is not bad.........To increase track hp go to the belt drive instead of the chain case.....they claim a 15% increase to the track.......although I dont think it would stand up to the punishment of ditch riding.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Try to contact Goodwin Performance, I know that they have had a F7 on the Dyno, He has both dyno's (TRACK and ENGINE) I am not sure which one they have tested it on. I had my sled there as a TEST MACHINE, but mine was not the one on the dyno. I have had past machines on his chassis dyno and yes, you can bank on about a 50-55% avg of max power transfer. Although, keep in mind that you don't swing a leg over and ride the dyno, it is only a tool, nothing more. Field testing is what backs up the dyno results. I must say if anybody can tune a clutch system by seat of the pants, its Greg Goodwin.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Originally posted by sled-head@Dec 10 2002, 09:21 AM
I would guess that the track hp is around 80 on the F7 whitch is not bad.
Around 80???!!!! Yeah right, I had a D&D 1010 that was getting like 86! Most 800 twins are in the mid 60's maybe upper 60's. The F7 stock is 71.5 h.p. at the track, which is very good for a stock sled and especially for a 700. Also it is easy to get a really high number on a track dyno but the sled will not back shift worth s**t, so usually if your going to trail ride it or .x race it you need back shifting!!

·
Registered
986 Posts
F7 has 77 HP to track wiith cold pipe & 71+ HP with hot pipe & with Dakota Performance clutch kit it has 78 HP to track on dyno with hot pipe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts