Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been talked about before, but has anyone come to a conclusion about cooling issues on 03 pro-x's with 1-1/2" tracks? Is this just a 600 problem or should something be done to the 700, 800s as well. Im installing a 1-1/2 on a 700 this fall and was wondering if more headaches come with the swap. Also is the hillcross 14" wide the best 1-1/2" out or is it better to get a doo track cheap off e-bay???? any clearance issues?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I am putting same track on, 1.5 inch ski doo, 136 inch with rail extensions, I am just going to get a longer snowflap and maybe some ice scrapers to help with cooling, from what I have heard, it should be fine, on low snow condition days you will want to get off in loose stuff though.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
keeping your hyfax cool is a bigger problem than cooling the motor. ice scratchers work pretty good, but don't rely on them. my 800 runs cool with the 2.25" finger track because i like getting good snow on the slides. as for clearence, you will need to slightly knotch a 1.5" track to fit the coolers. you can install it and let it wear to fit, but it will shorten at least one belt's life. i'd trim at least a 1/4" for the coolers. the hillcross track is great, hard compound, light weight and aggressive lugs. it's a good choice that you will be happy with. so bottom line is put on the 1.5" with small knotches and be mindfull of your hyfax temp. other than that, you'll love the new track! Brian.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
if your not in loose dry snow your going to have problems running HOT. my trail riden 136 x 1.25 prox 700 runs hot even with a AUX cooler if the snows wet or frozen hard it starts to heat up. Never had any indication on slide problems , even in spring conditions with mud and ice there always seams to be enough water / ice to keep things cool on the skid . I think you will need a notched track for the tunnel coolers. the OEM cooler kit is only 89.00 I would just get one , and run the longest snow flap you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts