Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was finally the start of our 2021 season this last weekend Saturday january 9! We had waiting for this since a long time and even conditions were not perfects it was a real soul therapy to ride again!

Other that the Pandemic issue, mother nature have not spoiled us up to date. Rain and very low snow level pretty much everywhere and temperature way too warm for the date. My area have begin to open some trails but it is still limited with low snow so we choose to go a bit norther than usual to begin our season by starting from St-Michel des Saints to ride the Taureau Reservoir and norther.

In place of a pics report, I will go with a video report this time with 2 detailed video to report the conditions we encounter during our ride.

here the first video that describe the ride from St-Michel to Repos Outfitter.

To comply with the government restrictions associated with the covid-19 the services suppliers have to adjust the way they usually serve us. At the repos the fuel is available as usual but food is only available to takeout (the dining room is closed) but the toilets are accessibles. We can rent rooms or chalet but we have to get the food and eat in our rooms.

Next we took the #345/#360 trails to coming back south with a short stop at the Taureau Dam

here the 2nd video

So this is it for our season opener. We really hope for more cold and snow to improve condition and enlarge the playground...

We hope for the best to come

Alain

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Nice video. Good to see you got out. My area same as yours have to go further North to get snow and grooming. Let’s all hope more snow is coming. Very close here but just not enough yet. Have a good safe winter.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Great video! I've followed your posts on QR and here many years. What are you using for a camera and video editing software if you don't mind? I miss going up there this year. I'm from Northern VT 15 miles from border. Wishing you and yours a safe and snowy season.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice video. Good to see you got out. My area same as yours have to go further North to get snow and grooming. Let’s all hope more snow is coming. Very close here but just not enough yet. Have a good safe winter.
Thank you Boom2! it's one of the thinner snow cover for the date I have seen. The snow on the way for the weekend and the cold after will probably change the game and enlarge the playground.... I hope so!!! Wish you too an healthy , good aand safe winter

Great video! I've followed your posts on QR and here many years. What are you using for a camera and video editing software if you don't mind? I miss going up there this year. I'm from Northern VT 15 miles from border. Wishing you and yours a safe and snowy season.
Thank you tundrafreak! I use a Gopro hero7camera with GoProStudio for editing. The quality of the image have improve alot in the last years but those cameras are not made to be use in the cold. It's very hard to keep them alive and it's pretty much a hassle to be used on an helmet in winter, you have to be patient and love to play with those toys. Also, the editing is pretty much time consuming but it's a necessary step to have a decent video result fun to watch. It's not for everybody for sure and it's no coincidence that there aren't many on the web . In my case it's an hobby and I don't count the hours I put on this ...the results are those video files that I love to watch for myself and that I share with you!

I wish you too a good and healthy season, the best winter possible on your side of the border

1 - 4 of 4 Posts