Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you have to register a Cutter on VAST trails, or if its even allowed? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
???

Caboose, sleigh
Great question, seen them on the trail before but can not remember every seeing one registered. Call VAST they should be able to answer that quick.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Don't give them any ideas! tag alongs, tubs, freighters, cutters etc have been fine for years w/o any registration.

Right now a portable snowmaker would be wothwhile!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't give them any ideas! tag alongs, tubs, freighters, cutters etc have been fine for years w/o any registration.

Right now a portable snowmaker would be wothwhile!
Nope just want to make sure I am legal in case I decide to do it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Tow Behind Sleigh

I rode in one of those back in 1969. The skis wore right through the front of the cab because the spring shocks were totally useless. By the way, Don't let kids ride without helmets. SAFETY FIRST.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those old ones were like pulling a snow plow. Not for the kids, for the wife so I dont have to listen to her!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great, now the racer wannabes are going to complain about sleds going too slow towing the caboose, on the VAST track. Hey at least the kids will be protected from getting roosted when they pass you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have one of those snowmobile trailer/ caboose. My sons have long out grown it. It is similar to the enclosed equinox toboggan pictured earlier. Mine is the fully open version but had a boat canvas guy make convertible carriage top. Stopped and talked with many state troopers on the trail never an issue with the toboggan/trailer being not registered. All passengers must have helmets though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great, now the racer wannabes are going to complain about sleds going too slow towing the caboose, on the VAST track. Hey at least the kids will be protected from getting roosted when they pass you!
Well I am not worried about being passed by you or anyone else. I have no intention or desire to pull this on the VAST trails merely posing a question if it was legal in case I did in fact want to.

·
Registered
956 Posts
My sister and I rode in one of those as kids back in the early 90s on the VAST system many times . Ours had a top and I remember the fumes were kinda bad. Ended up just riding on Mom's 2 up instead usually.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Snow coach

Great question, seen them on the trail before but can not remember every seeing one registered. Call VAST they should be able to answer that quick.

Saw a guy one time iN WOODFORD towing his kids in one of these i was thinking it would have been way more humane to just put the kids up for adoption:dunno: HEMI

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
WOODFORD

Saw a guy one time iN WOODFORD towing his kids in one of these i was thinking it would have been way more humane to just put the kids up for adoption:dunno: HEMI
Don't get me wrong i love riding in woodford probably put 8k miles on down there over the years combined just not CUTTER safe! HEMI:blink:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Don't get me wrong i love riding in woodford probably put 8k miles on down there over the years combined just not CUTTER safe! HEMI:blink:
Disagree with this, Woodford is safe as long as everyone is on the right side of the trail. Be like closing the trails so they can groom cause they are to big and slow.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts