Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,
was wondering if anyone ever used the tour buddy and is it worth it??? i was getting very low miles last year and would like to increase it. also would anyone have one for sale or a good suggestion on where to get one!!!!

tks :beerchug:

·
Registered
49 Posts
the phone # is 1-888-244-1112. i haven't used one but did inquire about one last week.they've got a website also,but i cant remember what it is.be ready to spend about $200.00 on the kit if you want one. i thought that was a little on the high side. from what he told me the sled uses that aux tank first then runs off the stock tank. :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have one on a 1999 Pantera 800 triple, works great. Just make sure the hose from the tank vent to the TourBuddy is tight.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I saw one on ebay today

·
Registered
228 Posts
Originally posted by zr6002@Oct 14 2005, 06:38 PM
I saw one on ebay today
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930313
[/quote]

I purchased one for a 99-02 ZRT chassi off from ebay a week or 2 ago. I have not used it yet as it is not the season yet. However the one I bought came with the guard and everything so when I plan on longer rides where fuel stops are fewer and further between then I will snap it on. Normal riding I will use the original belt guard. I heard that you just use the overflow lines to instal it.. I would think that I could just use a "T" into the original fuel line between the tank and pump. I guess when snow gets closer I will figure it out. Oh ya I paid $60.00 shipped! I think I stole it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i'd say you definately stole it! the guy quoted me $169.95 (us) for the one for my 98t plus $25 in freight. also said i'd have to relocate my spare belt to the belly pan under the clutches and i wasnt to crazy about that idea.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Originally posted by FASTENUF@Oct 15 2005, 06:33 AM
i'd say you definately stole it! the guy quoted me $169.95 (us) for the one for my 98t plus $25 in freight. also said i'd have to relocate my spare belt to the belly pan under the clutches and i wasnt to crazy about that idea.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930985
[/quote]

Yes I agree. I did steal it. I am trying to figure out just where to keep the spare belt as well. There is no room under the pipes out front.. but I do have an MBRP can so I have a bit of room on the chaincase side. I have also decided to scrap the stock airbox for a set of UNI filters and I am going to fabricate a bracket for the cdi and coils so maybe I will incorperate a belt clip in there too. Gotta love having a MIG welder and all the tools you can think of to work on sleds !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts