Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I called into the John Oakley show this morning with the mention of snowmobilers... of course it was in reaction to the 2 gentlemen who lost their lives on Simcoe last week.

John grouped these guys in with those that ride their sleds over water. I disagree and think Mr. Oakley is misinformed... as most t.o. media are.

I'll note that I like the guy's show and agree with most of what he says.

However, don't group me running the narrows between kushog and st. nora's with the 2 guys that found themselves in the main channel of lk simcoe!!! they weren't trying to run water.

and then some guy comes on and tells me I'm an idiot and his snowmobiler father is too but he's never snowmobiled... blah blah and he knows that me riding the lakes I have since I was 2 is unsafe. then my phone cut off..

what would you say to these people?

I have always argued that the guys who water skip aren't the ones who end up dead at the bottom of the lake....

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I could care less what the media, or anybody else really thinks about snowmobiling, I know we have to be concious of what the publics perception is, but in reality, fuck them, perhaps they would love to hear what I think about their activities, the media, their knitting, canoeing, their reading of lame novels, whatever it is, some one who has never snowmobiled in their life, and has no clue about anything surrounding organized snowmobiliing should keep their mouth shut, if they don't, whatever they say carries zero merit with me.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could care less what the media, or anybody else really thinks about snowmobiling, I know we have to be concious of what the publics perception is, but in reality, fuck them, perhaps they would love to hear what I think about their activities, the media, their knitting, canoeing, their reading of lame novels, whatever it is, some one who has never snowmobiled in their life, and has no clue about anything surrounding organized snowmobiliing should keep their mouth shut, if they don't, whatever they say carries zero merit with me.[/b]
I agree, but I also can't stand people that are so misinformed passing judgement on me and the community as a whole... I had good stuff to say but my phone cut off... was going to invite him up to the dorset snowball...

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
What is this "AM" radio you speak of?

:dunno:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I think inviting him along would be a great idea, i'd welcome the chance to take any of these morons out for a nice ride, and I bet you 8 out of 10 would actually enjoy it, but they're typical not willing to try anything people, and just shoot their mouths off, that's why I don't listen, because they don't have a clue what they're talking about.

The sad reality is the majority of the press we get is bad press, right now the weather is the hot topic and going along with the weather is a couple of sledders who made some really bad choices and/or fell on bad circumstances. I have sympathy for those and their families, but the reality is, they are a very very small minority and this is what is not reported.

The media has no idea how many sleds are on the trails, lakes, and moving period on a day to day basis, 1000's of miles logged daily across this province and how many deaths?, it's marginal, unfortunate, but marginal, but that is not what is put out to the public.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
So I called into the John Oakley show this morning with the mention of snowmobilers... of course it was in reaction to the 2 gentlemen who lost their lives on Simcoe last week.

John grouped these guys in with those that ride their sleds over water. I disagree and think Mr. Oakley is misinformed... as most t.o. media are.

I'll note that I like the guy's show and agree with most of what he says.

However, don't group me running the narrows between kushog and st. nora's with the 2 guys that found themselves in the main channel of lk simcoe!!! they weren't trying to run water.

and then some guy comes on and tells me I'm an idiot and his snowmobiler father is too but he's never snowmobiled... blah blah and he knows that me riding the lakes I have since I was 2 is unsafe. then my phone cut off..

what would you say to these people?

I have always argued that the guys who water skip aren't the ones who end up dead at the bottom of the lake....[/b]

Kyle ....shouldn't you be listening to Q107 in the morning? ;)

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
I think inviting him along would be a great idea, i'd welcome the chance to take any of these morons out for a nice ride, and I bet you 8 out of 10 would actually enjoy it, but they're typical not willing to try anything people, and just shoot their mouths off, that's why I don't listen, because they don't have a clue what they're talking about.

The sad reality is the majority of the press we get is bad press, right now the weather is the hot topic and going along with the weather is a couple of sledders who made some really bad choices and/or fell on bad circumstances. I have sympathy for those and their families, but the reality is, they are a very very small minority and this is what is not reported.

The media has no idea how many sleds are on the trails, lakes, and moving period on a day to day basis, 1000's of miles logged daily across this province and how many deaths?, it's marginal, unfortunate, but marginal, but that is not what is put out to the public.[/b]
Not only that, but how many actually occur on OFSC trails? A small percentage of the total fatalities.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kyle ....shouldn't you be listening to Q107 in the morning? ;)[/b]
lol I am a talk radio kinda guy. my ipod has the tunes!!! and I dont usually drive to work so it was a nice change.

It was AM 640 toronto radio aka MOJO. the right wing radio in T.O. or as right as you can get!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
This is typical on many subjects,SORRY IF I OFFEND SOME ON HERE,but many of the gta thinks the world starts and ends in and around the city of TORONTO.SLEDS,Hunting ,Guns,etc....Most who hold any of these subjects in a bad light have no fucking idea what they are talking about! It isn't gonna change either.I live in a rural town and really get a kick out of the retired Torontonians who buy property down this way and think everyone should just change to cater to their beliefs and lack of knowledge.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
This is typical on many subjects,SORRY IF I OFFEND SOME ON HERE,but many of the gta thinks the world starts and ends in and around the city of TORONTO.SLEDS,Hunting ,Guns,etc....Most who hold any of these subjects in a bad light have no fucking idea what they are talking about! It isn't gonna change either.I live in a rural town and really get a kick out of the retired Torontonians who buy property down this way and think everyone should just change to cater to their beliefs and lack of knowledge.[/b]
I agree with what you're saying, however you watch, your town will change, and cater to their beliefs in due course, they are the ones with the money, the influence, the connections, the power, this is what happens in Canada and Ontario.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Doesn't civilization end @ Steeles Ave? I posted a question on OC a while back when I heard 20 odd ATVers had been killed in Ontario up to the end of October. I had no idea but then we never hear about those deaths, just sledding fatalities.

You'll hear on the radio a sledder near Sudbury hits a tree & is killed. Then you find out it happened near Chapleau. Most people in T.O haven't heard of these places so why bother reporting them. I guess there wasn't a crack deal gone bad to talk about.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I could care less what the media, or anybody else really thinks about snowmobiling, I know we have to be concious of what the publics perception is, but in reality, fuck them, perhaps they would love to hear what I think about their activities, the media, their knitting, canoeing, their reading of lame novels, whatever it is, some one who has never snowmobiled in their life, and has no clue about anything surrounding organized snowmobiliing should keep their mouth shut, if they don't, whatever they say carries zero merit with me.[/b]
AMEN to that!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
strangely enough, while chomping down my Gino's pizza reading the Toronto Sun, there is an article in there by some obviously ignorant female named Connie Woodcock regarding the organization of growing ATV riders. She makes at least 2 off handed remarks about snowmobiles in her article, both of which are negative.

I've decided, for the first time in my life, i'm going to respond to Ms. Woodcockinhermouth about her ignorance and perhaps point out to her that she has shit for brains, she knows nothing about what she is talking about, and that nobody cares what she thinks.

Sorry for being harsh, but it becomes tiresome at some point and it's getting old, real fast.

·
Super Advanced Lummox
17,767 Posts
This is typical on many subjects,SORRY IF I OFFEND SOME ON HERE,but many of the gta thinks the world starts and ends in and around the city of TORONTO.SLEDS,Hunting ,Guns,etc....Most who hold any of these subjects in a bad light have no fucking idea what they are talking about! It isn't gonna change either.I live in a rural town and really get a kick out of the retired Torontonians who buy property down this way and think everyone should just change to cater to their beliefs and lack of knowledge.[/b]

AMEN

Toronto sucks and think they can run our lives to their lifestyle ideals

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
strangely enough, while chomping down my Gino's pizza reading the Toronto Sun, there is an article in there by some obviously ignorant female named Connie Woodcock regarding the organization of growing ATV riders. She makes at least 2 off handed remarks about snowmobiles in her article, both of which are negative.

I've decided, for the first time in my life, i'm going to respond to Ms. Woocockinhermouth about her ignorance and perhaps point out to her that she has shit for brains, she knows nothing about what she is talking about, and that nobody cares what she thinks.

Sorry for being harsh, but it becomes tiresome at some point and it's getting old, real fast.[/b]

Good on ya Spiderman :beer_cheers:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Most Torontonians are tools anyways! Think they are so smart yet don't know shyt.

·
Registered
191 Posts
the operative word? TORONTO! nothing thats coming from there surprises me. the place is f--ked.

·
Registered
484 Posts

I've decided, for the first time in my life, i'm going to respond to Ms. Woodcockinhermouth about her ignorance and perhaps point out to her that she has shit for brains, she knows nothing about what she is talking about, and that nobody cares what she thinks.

Sorry for being harsh, but it becomes tiresome at some point and it's getting old, real fast.[/b]

Is she hot?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts