Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding the other day and blew a belt so I looked and I had broken another motor mount. I put on the spare and it got me home, then I took the motor back out to inspeact all that went wrong. I snapped one of the aluminum cradles that the motor sits in and somhow broke the stud that comes out of the tunnel to mount the cradle to. Is this a common problem with these mounts or somthing? I already broke one less than 100 miles ago, when I also replaced the track, suspension, and a bunch of other small stuff. I Love the sled but Im getting sick of fixing it more than I ride it. Also on the first trip out I rearended a buddy of mine and broke my nosecone, hood, and bent alot of other stuff that you can see in the pics. But anyway I was looking and the foil being all dirty and ripped was making the sled look crappy. Once I looked up the price of the foil OEM I decided that I would buy foil tape and do it myself. I dont think it came out to bad. Also if anybody has any of the parts I need I would be willing to buy them off you. Heres some pics of what I got done tonight,

·
Registered
314 Posts
I broke the mount on my '96 Ultra. I believe it is a common problem. For some reason I think there is an updated mount for this but I don't remember. I reinforced my new mount by welding some aluminum on in the weak spot.

As for the foil tape job; I have done that too. It looks good for a while but then it starts to come loose again. The stuff just doesn't stick to plastic that well. Add to that all of the expansion and contraction between the tape and plastic and it comes loose pretty quickly.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i hope it stays stuck at least for a little while. I cleaned the plastic real good and it seems to stick real good now. I guess we'll see what happends.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have a 99 red hood no cracks in real nice shape a belly pan front bumper nose peice windsheild headlight bezel headlight and guage pod with speedo and tackif interrested in any of this let me know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts