Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I bought a 06 St660 would have bought the rage but really it was to much $, how will they compare topspeed wise?

I was told they are a close match top speed but I think the rage is faster top speed just wondering.

conditions....ice tiny bit of snow what sort of top speed are we looking at? 100-105mph? radar only please...

·
Registered
305 Posts
i've heard vectors hittin 105 on a gun-not sure bout the rage top speed on the gun tho. i've seen 105 on the speedo-so pretty close to a 100-aint too bad for a long tracker

·
Registered
776 Posts
Originally posted by TurboST@Sep 14 2005, 01:20 PM
Hey guys, I bought a 06 St660 would have bought the rage but really it was to much $, how will they compare topspeed wise?

I was told they are a close match top speed but I think the rage is faster top speed just wondering.

conditions....ice tiny bit of snow what sort of top speed are we looking at? 100-105mph? radar only please...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=874688
[/quote]

Don't know about the rage top speed, but my '04 T660 turbo with 1.25 ripsaw and trail studs runs 78 in 660',92 in 1000' and 100 in 1320' on the gun on ice. At 100 tach is 7200 and limit is 7300, so there isn't much left. Going into 3rd season with this sled and wouldn't go back to a 2 stroke even if I was given one.

Also have it's twin in a touring, with only 986 miles,mint condition For Sale.
Cheers and good luck with your ST

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So there a close race what it comes down too, can't wait till this season...

Anyone know anything about the Polaris 750 Turbo? I heard it has 135hp and only 12.5 lbs of boost, sounds like a good setup.

·
Registered
305 Posts
personally i've never really drag raced any other manufacturers-only yammies. only guy that i know that has a 660 a/c turbo is my buddies grandpa and he only gets her upto bout 80-no need for him to go any faster. i guess he really likes it. i think it'd be an interesting race to say the least-if i find one on the lake i'll try and race it-see what happens

·
Registered
7 Posts
[attachment=96233:attachment][attachment=96231:attachment]I have had my Rage going 101 mph on Hard pack. The good news it will take the a/c out of the hole the bad news the a/c will go by you when you reach about 80 mph. The cat has longer legs but takes time to spool up to catch you. Amazingly the Rage gets most 2 and 4 cycles out of the hole. I have 144 studs on mine and it hooks really well. The bad is it is under powered mid to top speed. I have never ridden a sled that goes thru the bumps like my Rage. I am a very agressive trail rider and this thing sucks them up like nothing I have ever ridden. I put 700 miles on it over a weekend and could have gone more. I actually dont mind the MI washboard on this thing.

Yes the viper kicks the crap out of the Rage. (165 HP Bender motor in it)

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Rages like mine have hit about 105. I do not know how fast it will go as the state mandated speed limit is 50MPH. I would never go faster than the law allows. But I do believe a rage could hit 105.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Originally posted by northwoods@Nov 23 2005, 05:57 PM
Rages like mine have hit  about 105.    I do not know how fast it will go as the state mandated speed limit is 50MPH.  I would never go faster than the law allows.  But I do believe a rage could hit 105.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1033976
[/quote]
not that it matters for most but above 6000' a vector/rage doesn't stand any kind of chance against a turbo 660. we had turbo cat and vectors rented in montana. the cat kicked the vectors ass all the time. gotta love the air pump at elevation. at closer to sea level the vector would run dead even with my rx1 till about 80mph. very quick out of the hole machine.

·
Registered
182 Posts
On hard pack one should expect to get about 105 out of a rage if the conditions and temps are right. The real key to the machine is the trail performance and the trail torque. That is were the rage really shines. You may have been wise to wait a few more model years for the rage.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by Blaze@Sep 18 2005, 11:09 PM
Amazingly the Rage gets most 2 and 4 cycles out of the hole. I have 144 studs on mine and it hooks really well. The bad is it is under powered mid to top speed.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=881290
[/quote]

well im puttin nitrous on my rage so i will hopefully cure that underpowered mid to top speed range :div20:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
My brother has an 05 Rage and it would only get about 100mph until at about the 2000 mile mark when things loosened up and like most here he could see about 105mph on a lake. He also saw his mileage jump from 13-15 to 18mpg consistently. I've heard the 660 has a similar top speed but I'll have to say out of the hole the Rage pulls really good. I think his top end will suffer this year though because he ripped the skid out in favor of an M-10 this year. First one that Team Fast sold for a Rage.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If one wants more speed on the flats, one may want to look at the sprockets. In general the mfg sets them up for trail torque not necessarily top end. This is esspecially true of fusions. Great trail machines, not necessarily speed demons.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts