Hardcore Sledder banner

top speeds on the f7's

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  jumpjunky 
#1 ·
i was just wondering how fast you have had your f7's up to i have been up to 102 before my arm got screwed up how about you guys

#7 ·
I had limited hours / mile's on mine so I didn't push it too hard in the beginning. First try I had about 50 miles and had it to 98mph (Without pushing it). Before I went home probably about 70 miles on it and I had it up to 108 mph on the speedo....I would like to mention it hit 95 mph right away, speed gain slowed right up and then crawled about 1 mph per second from there, hit 108 mph and then I ran out of lake! I think the problem was the trail was bumpy, I would get airborne and then loose mph's before I hooked up again to gain more speed.

When I hit the hardpack - the accelleration was spastic! Very horny sled!

The conditions were 16- celcius, about 1000 feet above sea level, still using mixed fuel and the lake trail was extremely packed.

I would say confidently it would hit 100 - 112 mph's fairly easily. (Speedo)

.....I probably forgot to mention that I passed a Blue XC800 Streak somewhere along there too! ha ha!

It is a Blacksabercat F7 Snopro with the 1.375" track.

#11 ·
I've seen 111mph on a Garmin 176c GPS - don't know what the speedo read.
But, the GPS is MUCH more accurate than the speedo.

This was with 75 miles on sled and not pusshing it too much.

Best I saw on my 2002ZR8 was 112 - after it was fully broken in!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.