Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a f7 snow pro and i am only getting 98mph out of it . does this seem right? i raced a standard f7 and it ate me up even out of the hole. i don't understand. anyone have any ideas

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
110mph at Lake neppesing in about 1.2 miles. heelclicker clutch 3.9h,7c,7tip.1 thin shim taken outof the 2ndary. 204 1.5 studs.

·
Registered
143 Posts
F7 SP I hit 101mph this weekend. Ran out of room while speedo was slowly climbing. Wish I could have held it a little longer. But after getting back and finding the oil pump bulletin I think I am glad I didn't. <_<

·
Registered
125 Posts
hit 105 real quick andran out of room, havent had it on a lake to see what she will do in a longer run..

·
Registered
244 Posts
Originally posted by spnwrenchs@Feb 9 2003, 10:23 PM
i have a f7 snow pro and i am only getting 98mph out of it . does this seem right? i raced a standard f7 and it ate me up even out of the hole. i don't understand. anyone have any ideas
what kind of rpm's are you running? you should be around 8000. the larger lug track will also slow you down a couple mph compared to the std lug ( 1 inch )

·
Registered
369 Posts
OK, we ran all day 1000 ft. 2 F7 standards glare ice. 109 on a GPS was my best run (only 1 time) about 7-10 runs of 107. I have 170 1.175 Woody's megabites. One thing we found out: The track tension is HUGE. I ran my track REAL loose for the 107-109 runs. Then I tighten to book specs (20lbs 1.5" deflection) and LOST 1-3 mph. I never saw 107 again, even in 1200 feet. The Snopro version is loosing about 4-7 mph to the standard track on top end. You will enjoy the deeper track in the mountains but give up quite a bit on ice/hard pack.

My speedo is RIGHT on with a GPS. The only change right now is a 58/53 helix, red spring, middle hole. Had different clutch kits, weights, helix, springs in. Im sticking with this setup right now. Got the most top end.

·
Registered
188 Posts
118.4 on my gps!?!?!?! I about sh*t my pants!!! best I have seen prior was 109, I tried the amsoil2000 they claim a 17% increase???? F7 standard and new dayco max belt!

·
Registered
339 Posts
119 mph on my stock F7 snopro a couple of weeks ago. Got 115 mph on 2-5-03, both of those readings were on a Garmin Etrex and taken with the temperature in the single digits. During the same day only got up to 105 mph, the temperature was around 20 degrees. This machine hauls ass when the temps. are cold. Also, if your buddy has a 800 Rev like I do you will spank that sled in any condition.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My snopro hit 108 this weekend... really quickly, and got off the gas before it topped out...I'm sure it had more in it... and my track was not loose enough either...
kj

·
Registered
962 Posts
Touched 112 w/snopro track.

Past weekend could only see 102 w/snopro track.

It was because of the snow contitions.

112 was hard pack snow

102 was just groomed and very soft.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts