Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats everyone hitting for speed on their 06SP firecat F-6? Does 88mph sound pretty slow for a bone stock sled? I know all of my other sleds went at least 100mph Thanks :i_need_snow:

·
Registered
284 Posts
My 2006 F6 isn't a sno-pro but it does have the 1 3/8" sno-pro track. It goes from 0-94 mph pretty damn quick then slowly climbs to a max of 96 mph. I think it should be faster than that, I always hear of F6's doing 108 or 110.

·
Registered
236 Posts
96 sounds about right to me, My 05 F7 std will only do 105. When you hear people talking about these 110-120 mph numbers they're sleds are either modified or they're seriously exaggerating! I personally have never witnessed a sled doing 120 all though everyone claims to have one. With a little clutching work your top could be better but 96 isn't bad for a 1'3/8 track.

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Whats everyone hitting for speed on their 06SP firecat F-6? Does 88mph sound pretty slow for a bone stock sled? I know all of my other sleds went at least 100mph Thanks :i_need_snow:[/b]
88mph is pretty slow...what were the conditions like?? fluffy, hard pack snow? what was the sled pulling for rpms?

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
96 sounds about right to me, My 05 F7 std will only do 105. When you hear people talking about these 110-120 mph numbers they're sleds are either modified or they're seriously exaggerating! I personally have never witnessed a sled doing 120 all though everyone claims to have one. With a little clutching work your top could be better but 96 isn't bad for a 1'3/8 track.[/b]

AC factory backed race team set the 600 box stock record with 111mph nere a full 10mph over any other manufacture.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I am a die hard cat man but I have seen doo 600's give F6's and many larger sleds fits on the lake. I love cat but doo has deffinatley got their clutches figured out in that sled.

·
Registered
221 Posts
96 sounds about right to me, My 05 F7 std will only do 105. When you hear people talking about these 110-120 mph numbers they're sleds are either modified or they're seriously exaggerating! I personally have never witnessed a sled doing 120 all though everyone claims to have one. With a little clutching work your top could be better but 96 isn't bad for a 1'3/8 track.[/b]
What kind of conditions are you running 105mph with an F7? Distance, temp, ice track, plowed road etc.

My chums 05 Sabercat700 LX ran 117.1 on the gun today in 3000'. Remember this is on near perfect conditions well except it could have been colder out today. I think the sled will go 120mph when it's colder out. You can say I'm "exaggerating" but the radar gun doesn't BS. I got better things to do than post BS speeds.

Remember it's all about the conditions. Speed is the worst thing to compare unless from the same day same place same distance same same same!

I guarantee that if you could have run the same conditions we ran today, you would go faster then 105mph on an F7. If not she's got problems. IMO

·
Registered
284 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I am a die hard cat man but I have seen doo 600's give F6's and many larger sleds fits on the lake. I love cat but doo has deffinatley got their clutches figured out in that sled.[/b]
I have smashed every 600 HO, SDI that I have ever came across. the only FITS i ever have are with poo's fugly fusion 600 HO's.

·
Registered
407 Posts
What kind of conditions are you running 105mph with an F7? Distance, temp, ice track, plowed road etc.

My chums 05 Sabercat700 LX ran 117.1 on the gun today in 3000'. Remember this is on near perfect conditions well except it could have been colder out today. I think the sled will go 120mph when it's colder out. You can say I'm "exaggerating" but the radar gun doesn't BS. I got better things to do than post BS speeds.

Remember it's all about the conditions. Speed is the worst thing to compare unless from the same day same place same distance same same same!

I guarantee that if you could have run the same conditions we ran today, you would go faster then 105mph on an F7. If not she's got problems. IMO[/b]
post up the results with proof, i call bullshit on the 117 mph saberpussy, my buddy who i ride with has one and I got him by at least 5-7 mph and I know my sled will only go 109 on a perfect day and its dialed in good!

·
Registered
163 Posts

I had an 04 f7 std 116mph on good hard pack. My 05 sp about 105 with 1 3/8 track

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
post up the results with proof, i call bullshit on the 117 mph saberpussy, my buddy who i ride with has one and I got him by at least 5-7 mph and I know my sled will only go 109 on a perfect day and its dialed in good![/b]
117 mph from the 700 on ice is very attainable makes no difference if sabercat or F7. If your snow pro (assuming it has a big track) is faster than you buddies 700 sabercat his sled is not set up very good or he is 50+ lbs heavier.

·
Registered
236 Posts

I guarantee that if you could have run the same conditions we ran today, you would go faster then 105mph on an F7. If not she's got problems. IMO[/b]
I'm not talking ice. When i first got my F7 it did 114 onglare ice. I'm talking hard pack snow conditions, and 105 is on perfect conditions on snow.

·
Registered
982 Posts
05 F7 EFI std. -6 C on hard pack. 112 mph on digital speedo. Pulling away from two RX1s. Having a couple of mule sleds around to compare to will tell you if you don't believe your speedometer. :div20:

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Matryx 850 Switchback Assault 146
2,713 Posts

Then you got a slow one!!!! Mine can regularly hit in the 1(teens) on HARD packs lakes not pure ICE, only in fresh snow does it drop to the 100's, all stock!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
My 04 f6 efi snopro with 1.38" big lug track will do 106 tops on a snow plowed road and on the same time my buds 03 f7 efi std. with 1 " lug track would do 114 mph max. Snow,ice,pavement. to me the premium hightest speed condition.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im hoping that the ods kit will wake mine up. I emailed dan and he said that it would and u guys swear on it even before D&D and other good brands
:arctic_cat_rules:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.