Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the speeds are less than the one inch track because of air not being able to escapes than could it be possible to drill a hole near the front of the tunnle on each side and then flare it like some have done to there running boards. The hole would be for the air to escape.

Dont know if this is even possible does any body know and would this help?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Slider, I think I hear what your saying. Correct me if I'm wrong. You believe that the convex of air entering the tunnel from the track spin is limiting your speed because of the vacuum effect?? Track pulls air into front of tunnel?? Is this what you mean. If so, drilling holes in front might work, hell if I know. But, I believe it would be like shotgunning a beer. You know, poke hole in bottom of can large enough for mouth, place mouth over hole and pop lid on top. Beer just flows through. Same kind of idea I think.
Slider, to tell you the truth, I think it's our track that's limiting our speed.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know its the track but the air is a factor too.

I just noticed on my top end It takes a long time to get from 95 to 110 - 112. Alsmost as long as it take it to hit 95.

It a standard sled with a snopro track. I was told that the helix in the snopro is a 51/53. Mine is a 53. the dealer said I dont need a new helix cause a 53 is fine for a snopro track.

Could that also be a problem.

·
Registered
986 Posts
You could never out enough holes in to displace the amount of air you have to get rid of

·
Registered
287 Posts
The problem with the 1.375 track is it rubs against the top of the tunnel
at the gas tank area when you are going over 100mph. The track needs
to be kepted tight for high speeds . There is 2 to 3 mph difference in top
end between 1.375" and the 1" track . There is very little rubbing against
the tunnel with the 1" but you loose out on bottom end acceleration .

·
Registered
593 Posts
IF IT IS RUBBING ON THE TOP OF THE TUNNEL THERE WOULD BE MORE PEOPLE BITCHING ABOU THEIR THEIR STUDS RIPPING UP THE TUNNEL. i DON'T THINK THAT THIS COULD BE THE PROBLEM. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE SNOPRO TRACK IS HEAVIER (RECIPICATING MASS) AND THERE IS MORE DRAG CAUSED BY THE DEEP LUGS, SIMPLE AS THAT.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Fireball Go and make a couple of high speed passes than drop the rear
skid frame . You will see black marks on the top of the tunnel . They are not
visible till you drop the rear of the skid frame . And yes you are correct there
is a 7lbs difference between the two tracks . The 1.375 weight is 40 lbs and
the 1" weight is 33 lbs .
I do agree that the rotating mass makes a difference but the friction caused
by the track rubbing does pose some top speed loss .Most people don't know
it is rubbing because it is hard to see therefore "no bitchin"
Studs don't hit because the clearence is greater in the center on the tunnel and
you don't stud the sides on a Firecat .
These are my observations with my F7 snopro .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Slider79, I gained some top end when I tightened up the limiter straps. The track angle was too steep on mine.I put my straps in the third hole and front skid spring at 1 inch, big differance. It pulls hard all the way through to top end now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts