1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
SkyDog what gears are you running now ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
i saw 112 on the speedo. this was my first topend run after 270 mile break in. tuned around at 60 mph she siezed up. not a happy camper. were just :angry: getting decent snow now. in our area. :angry:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I will have to agree, there seem to be a lot of different speeds seen.

For instance, the last radar run I was at, it seemed that regardless of manufacturer, the stock classes were all running between 83-90 MPh in 1000'. (XC'S, MACH Z'S, SRX'S, PRO-X'S, SX-R'S, ZR'S, MZ-X'S, ETC.) The 3 Firecat F7's ran from 91 MPH to 107 MPH. Huge difference for same model in a stock motored class. Why does one sled make SO much more HP then the other, because to see this big of a spread in MPH (which in a drag race comes from horsepower, E.T. comes from traction for those who aren't familiar with drag racing) there must be a big difference in either HP of the motor, or maybe the HP at the track.

That big of a MPH spread at the drag strip is the differance of approx. 150-200HP or thousands of pounds! :wacko: :wacko:

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
The one F7 that went 95, had race fuel in it, and a timming key, and 24-38 gears!!! All these things are a big no no with the F7!!IN a 1000 foot! The guy with the F7 running 104-106 is set up right! His F5 ran 90mph!!!
Skydog

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Best speed for me in 660' was 86, no studs with the 20/39 gear today ,put a 140 pound guy on it seen 92, on second run 93, (that was on rader),poor hole shot need studs,

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've seen on the ice with studs at 130.2mph on radar.......only a couple mods to the clutching was done. So I was told.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts