Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top speed today 114 mph on the Grand River in Caledonia, Ontario.

Conditions were bare ice spots with about 80 percent packed powder about 1 inch thick. Temps were -15 degrees celcius dunno what that is in farenheit but it is cold.

Had a minor tailwind got her doing 114mph, could have went faster but I was running out of room.

Sled is stock other than 150 1.075 Fast Trac studs with 1000 miles on it. Man this thing goes. Yesterday top speed was 108 running on an old belt from last year. (blew my good one last week) Changed to a new belt and could feel the differece right away.

Should also mention I was running 100:1 mix because of the oil pump issue and was in ethanol mode. Probably some more speed sitting there without these having this while running.

Anyhow talk to ya later

Bryan :p :p :p

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
The fastest i have seen is 116 this was only once most of the time it is 112-114...sled is stock except 153..1.175 fast-trac...and thick shim removed.It has 1660 miles on it now.

·
Registered
720 Posts
110 mph is my fastest. Mix of packed and loose snow on a lake. Outdoor Shop clutch kit, 156 1.075 Gold Diggers and the SpeedWerx Air Intake. I think it will go faster if I have more tightly packed snow. As soon as I would hit the powder, I would loose some speed. But then again, 110 mph is pretty fast.

·
Registered
102 Posts
How about this, 114.1 MPH Rush Lake MN Stock F7 in 1000' , not 1500', not 2000' not 10 miles. No flying start , not radar but speed traps.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i did 116 MPH in about .5 miles. 1" track 153 1.175 Megs. I think i can get 120 out of it but need a full 1 to 2 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
106.99 in 1000 ft speed traps at organized event beat all the SRX 700's their fastest sled 103.2 still not bad, but not as good as the F7s. Only two F7's entered they took 1st & 2nd everyone else is racing for what Arctic leaves behind

·
Registered
80 Posts
How accurate are the GPS units? I had a reading that said 124mph. It was zeroed before the ride. I own a ZR 600, the F-7, and an S-10 Blazer. Only the F-7 could possibly hit that mark. My buddy was riding the 600 that night and said he was doing 80 or so and that I disappeared across the field. I feel 100% sure that I broke 100mph, but later that night when we got to the restaurant and I checked it I was a bit surprised. I want to try and do it again and maybe have someone with radar to check against the GPS. Its a Garmin E-Trex....blue model, has WAAS. Paid 250 I think at Walmart. I havent seen anyone claim above 120mph yet so I am kind of skeptical. Still a fast sled regardless.

·
Registered
191 Posts
you must of had it set on brag mode! :lol: :lol: :lol: mine showed 118.4 I think I saw 109 -111 on speedo but not sure!?!?!? garmin gpsMap76s

·
Registered
80 Posts
Maybe :D But its got me curious now....so I will have try to hit that mark again. But like I said, I would like to have more than one source for confirmation purposes. I have no intention of looking at the speedo at those speeds, so I guess I need to find a radar gun or speed check. Maybe using more than one GPS , but they could both read wrong if they cant track the satellites accurately.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I BELIEVE YOU DID PROBABLY DO 120 I DID 118 WITH TWO PEOPLE ON MY F7 DOWN SNOW PACKED ROAD AND THEY SAY OUR SPEEDO IS 1 TO 3 MILES OF SO IT IS POSSIBLE YOU HIT 120

1 - 16 of 16 Posts