Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is top speed in 660 on a good running f7. I have drags sat and have mountain gearing. Top speed is about 85 90. Is that enough top end. By the way I have a 136 2in track.

·
Registered
196 Posts
At a local 660' radar run in a field we won the event with 88mph. This was with an unstudded standard f7. This wasn't a huge event, but the toughest part was getting out of the hole, since you just sit and spin. We just used a steeper helix, otherwise the sled was bone stock.

Is the radar run going to be on glare ice, in a field, or ?? Is their going to be traction and non traction classes?

btw, where is this radar run being held at?

·
Registered
986 Posts
98mph on ice track

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know what the conditions are going to be let. The drags are in wells b.c. canada.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Bones i have a non-traction sled and do a lot of drag racing. If you run your secondary spring a little looser you will come out of the hole a little better. The secret to drag racing is not to set up your sled for speed, but to set it up to get from point A to point B (660) in the shortest time.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
What gear are you using a 20/39,i seen 90-93 in 660' on hard packed snow with a 1" track and no studs,doing alot off spinning off line,i think studs is the answer for the 660' drags.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 18 44 gearing. It seems to pull as hard or harder than stock but I am worried it tops out to fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts