Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about snow checking an 04 F7. I live in Rochester, NY and am looking for a Top Notch dealer around my area. I would be willing to travel and hour or more if need be. I have been hearing horror stories about dealers not being thorough at setup as well as doing all the upgrades needed with this sled. I am sure Cat will fix most problems with this years sled, but I dont want to risk it. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

·
Registered
593 Posts
COOKS RECREATION IN OTISCO SOUTH OF SYRACUSE. dEPENDS WHAT SECTION OF ROCHESTER YOUR ARE FROM COULD BE AROUND AN HOUR. GOOD SERVICE GOOD PRICES AND NICE PEOPLE

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I was going to suggest Cooks too depending on your location in Rochester. George is a great guy and has fair prices.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Otisco is actually about 2 hours from me, but I will definetly keep them in mind if I can't find anything closer. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bottings Farm and Home Supply/ Arctic Cat and Skidoo dealer. They are located in Martville NY which is a hour east of Rochester. Pretty good dealer with good service and there prices are great.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i second arkportcycles. i bought my f5 from them. excellent service. give them a shot. you will be real happy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys, I have heard of both of them. I will definetly call them both! After the Cat show I will go see them and hopefully order my sled. Do you guys know how much down I would need? Also is the rest of the payment due upon pickup? I was hoping to get the spring deals, but not pay the balance until I pick up the sled. thx

·
Registered
312 Posts
Try Norton Enterprises in Bethany, about 15 minutes from LeRoy( south of Batavia). It's out in the middle of nowhere, but actually easy to get to. Excellent customer service has been my experience with them. May also want to consider Cycle Enterprise in Bloomfield.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Cycle Enterprieses is a good bet and I have heard great things about Cooks. I deal with T.Nelsons Sales in Ontario NY they have always done good by me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
you put a deposit down when ordering,balance is due when sled gets to the dealer. last year the deposit was $300.00. give arkport a shot. i had a problem with my sled this year. got the sled there mid morning on a wednesday,they had me back on the trail at 5:30pm thursday.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the help guys. So Arkport is good about all the problems if and when they come up?? Did they call you when they found out about potential problems that needed to be addressed, or do you have to keep up on that yourself and let them know about updates and things? I really do keep going back and forth from wanting the Firecat and the Rev 600 HO SDI.

·
Registered
44 Posts
do not go to nelsons they r a bunch of a** holes everytime u walk in they ignore u i suggest cycle enterpirse or if u ride in old forge Big Moose Arctic Cat and yamaha

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I thought T Nelsons were a bunch of jerks too. I called and asked them some questions about snowchecking a sled and he seemed as if he didnt want to talk to me. He also didnt know anything. I want a knowledgeable dealer who takes care of their customers. I am going to go with Arkport or Bottigns I believe. Thanks again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cook's Recreation in Tully, NY gets my business. No complaints yet. Havent tried any other dealers so I have nothing to compare to. George is a good guy though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Cycle Enterprises in Bloomfield! I can't recommend them highly enough. We've bought 4 sleds from them in 4 years. Their service is excellent. When all the problems with the Firecats came up, they were great. I asked them to go over the sled completely before we took a weeks snowmobile vacation, which they did without question. I just had a piston go on my 02 ZR500, and even though its not under warranty anymore, they got Cat to cover it for me. By the way, Nelson's is about 20 minutes from my house, but I wouldn't even buy a sparkplug there. I'd gladly go out of my way to deal with Cindy and Tom!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
snowchick,
I totally agree with you about Nelsons. I live about 25 mins from them and I will be moving even closer to them in a few years, and will not give them my business. How far is Cycle Enterprises? I will travel, but I dont want to travel several hours for service. thx again for the input.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts