Hardcore Sledder banner

Top end

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Roy T 
#1 ·
Hmmm well i ran it in all kinds of conditions, broke her in good ( 440 miles ) , changed plugs and got service done and checked over..... still top end lacks huge, max i seen is 104 mph and i havent seen that since.....

f7 sno pro

#4 ·
CC, Rob posted this in an earlier suspension subject, and I've read it in my race manual also that if the front track shock (shock w/ coil) is adjusted too stiff it could effect top end by as much as 5-8 mph. I couldn't believe what I read at first since I had this exact problem(loss of top end) with my POO POO last year. It all made sense after reading the manual. Too much track angle will KILL your top end. Run that front track shock as loose as you can. Have you also checked your power valves? Adjusted throttle cable, and servo cables? Just trying to help.

#7 ·
Finally got the F5 out on the lake today, first miles off the trailer. After a few miles of break in, it was off to the races.
Speedo said 108, GPS said 105. Drafted with my Pol xc6sp and got up to 108 on the GPS, 600 did 110 which is 3 mph faster than it ever ran. Good day, cold and had a tail wind. This little 5 is a rocket, and handled great. But then again, I'm used to Polaris handling!

#10 ·
I have a snopro F7 with the 1.375'' lug track . I have reached speeds of 114 mph
consistently in 3/4 of a mile hard pack lake. The trick is not to leave the track too loose as it
will rub against the top of the tunnel and slow you right down .
Check the track , I will bet there is too much free play . :ph34r:

#13 ·
I did not trade in my MachZ for a firecat to get "top end" i did it to get a light, quick and high jumping sled.
I guess it's different for you with a F7, but on a bumpy trail you should not have a problem with the lake racers like machZ, RX1 or SRX

And where i live we only have bumpy trails and narrow turns so i think i'm sitting safe :p

#18 ·
My snopro would do 113 mph as long as the track was not loose . With the big
lug track you have very little clearance at the front of the tunnel . I changed the
track to the 1" lug style and now I get 116 mph on the speedo which radar
indicated I was doing 114.7 mph . :D

#20 ·
Originally posted by sportrac54@Jan 10 2003, 02:30 PM
My snopro would do 113 mph as long as the track was not loose . With the big lug track you have very little clearance at the front of the tunnel .
Sportrac54, could you elaborate on that statement a bit please. What differences did you notice in MPH with the track "too loose?" And how loose is "too loose??" Did you do your experimenting on the same day in the same conditions??? Thanks for any additional info! -- Roy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.