Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on a FB page, thought it was humorous. Have at it boys and girls, but dont be nasty about it.
1) never ready, always waiting for them
2) cant keep up once we are going
3) wants to stop at every bar and drink for 4 hours
4) thinks 100 miles is a "big" day and starts ask how much longer and complaining his wrists hurt

5) complains about the cost of gas when you're out in the middle of timbuktu and there's only 1 gas station that had to have there gas brought in in barrels
6) has to do a complete restoration on his sled every morning before we leave
7) doesn't have basic necessities (tow rope, spark plugs, drive belt,)
8) we stop for a "quick" lunch and they order something that takes 45 minutes to make
9) makes a turn on the trail and doesn't make sure the guy behind him follows
10) tresspasses/rides with an obnoxious can/rides dangerously/litters/ is generally disrespectful
family fued.jpg

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
11) Has a '78 Exciter with 5000 miles on it, and claims it's well maintained and reliable- but breaks a drive chain 6 miles into the ride.

·
Registered
2021 XCR Switchback 850
2,397 Posts
I can’t think of another that you didn’t list....

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
11) Has a '78 Exciter with 5000 miles on it, and claims it's well maintained and reliable- but breaks a drive chain 6 miles into the ride.
IN 2015 me and a buddy rode from Varysburg NY to Tug Hill, we got lost in Marion NY and got hooked up with 3 guys from Erie PA. the one guy was riding am early 90's XLT. I casually mentioned that was kind of an old sled to be making that kind of trip on. Well you'd thought I had just insulted his whole family. He said "this sled has 11,000 miles on it and I'd ride it anywhere, its bulletproof!" and since I was the only guy on a Doo he said "you should be careful what you say, you're outnumbered on that thing". so about 20 miles later I cross a road and nobody is behind me, I go back and find Mr Bulletproof on the trail with his sled leaning real bad. Somehow his front spring retainer came out and he lost the spring and the retainer in the powder, in the dark. So we're all riding back and forth looking for his parts and coincidentally I find both pieces and we get the sled back together. we all rode to Fulton and stayed in the same hotel that night, had a few drinks and figured we'd all ride together the next day. Next morning they didnt come to breakfast, don't know if they overslept, didn't want to make the rest of the trip with the old sled, or Mr Bulletproof figured he'd get shit from me all day but either way my buddy and I made the rest of the trip ourselves

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thinks leaving at 8am for a 2 hour drive to the parking lot is an early start.
yeah had that happen this winter. We were in Old Forge and a "friend" who lives 2 hrs south of there wanted to come up and ride with us. he was gonna come up Thurs night, I told him we'll be on the trail at 9am Friday. 830 Friday morning calls and says he's just leaving his house (for a 2 hr drive). I said well sorry I guess you're riding alone today. So thinking he might have gotten the hint I told him late in the day he could ride with us Saturday, but again we were going to be on the trail at 9am, so be at my parking lot, fueled up, oiled and ready to rock and roll by 9am. Saturday 845am i get the call, yeah I'm on the way but my sled isnt running right, but I'll be there. That was just the start of a day long amount of bullshit. We should have left him behind.

·
Registered
Edge Fuji 800 Triple Star
699 Posts
1) They ride a 4 stroke
2) Drive a v6 or diesel truck
3) Have a paddle or 144+” track
4) Wear a techvest to just putter around

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
late , you are out. i have one day to ride and i am not spending it at the rest area.
no gas, especially when we met at a gas station
jumping off and lighting a cig at any opportunity
being un-prepared
not keeping up, then calling us "maniacs"
running into us when we stop. i don't mind scrubbing some ski in a hot moment , but blasting the back is a no-go. i had a new rider get sent my way. cool guy , loved my polished pro x. by the end of the day he hit the back. i scared him so bad he never came back. i asked the guy who referred him, he said the guy was scared of me and wasn't coming back. i wasn't THAT pissed. most of it was that he hit me and knocked me into a highway. if a car was coming i was dead

·
Registered
2005 polaris 700 XC-SP F/O & 1980 Polaris TX-L
1,680 Posts
When i plan our trip for a WEEK, and he complains he only wants the trip to be just the weekend..
Sorry, when i go on a trip to ride snowmachine, i go to ride snowmachine.

·
Registered
2005 polaris 700 XC-SP F/O & 1980 Polaris TX-L
1,680 Posts
Nothing is worse than the guy that bails on a trip at the last minute. Fuck those guys!
You aint kidding on that.
We had that happen 3 years ago. The guy was literally my next door neighbor. We were loading the trailor, and seen him leaving in his truck. Figured he was going to the store and would be right back. Nope. 20 minutes waiting, i texted him. He said he was in the next town. Never told us he was bailing. I promised myself i would NEVER ask him to go again. It still jerks my chain from this day. 😈

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nothing is worse than the guy that bails on a trip at the last minute. Fuck those guys!
I've had that and also a guy that asked to be included at the last minute. He's a good friend and a good rider but we were doing a 5 day backpack trip and I had accomodations all set then had to call every place back and make sure they could fit 1 more in

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
we had one jump on last minute, got picked up in the am. started the sled in my boys truck, it fouled a plug, dripped gas in the bed, and lit. burned my boys truck up. the sled was able to fit in a 5 gallon bucket. and i was waiting one exit up for the whole crowd who never showed. i went to a pay phone and got the bad news. another time i rented a 4 bed suite with a hot tub for 4 of us at the timberview on tug hill. one of the cheap fucks shows up and has a brand new sleeping bag in the back seat.i asked what it was for, he said he was sleeping in the truck. i was like "you motherfucker, i paid for you and you are skipping out over 50.00? sleep in your truck you cheap fuck, i'll enjoy the hot tub. " his answer? i brought someone in my place. yeah, someone we barely new, that was a recovering crackhead. we all slept with our wallets. next morning we are all fresh, and he is all kinked up from sleeping in his tahoe. we wouldn't let him in our room, even to use the bathroom. sadly this guy has more money than brains. still living home at 40, and has his own business. he has been weeded out. really i only have stickdude and a couple of others. and rynex and his wife from here. they were rock solid and welcomed on any ride we do. sure as hell not waiting for them . we got to the parking lot the same time, and we rubbed ski for almost 200 miles.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Doesn't have the correct gear for riding in the cold .
Went to Ontario one year with a new kid with an X package windshield. Told him you might want to get a bigger windshield. He said he was fine in the cold. Apparently he didnt know what COLD was. 30 minutes into a 3 day backpack trip his face was frostbit. we had to duct tape all the seems on his helmet to keep him going.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts