Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed to use my tools while on the trail and when I pulled the bag from under the seat it was all froze up. This is a bad thing. I'm looking for a plastic case to put it in and maybe find a place to attach it in the engine compartment. (were it should have been) Just another oversite of A/Cats engineering!!
But, all in all this is the most fun sled I've owned so far. GO CAT GO !!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
are you kidding? the tool kit is much better where it is now than in the tray, ive had both and the tool kit under the seat is much better, plus where you goin to put it theres no airbox right by the tank
faulty AC engineering my A$$

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Originally posted by flightedF7@Jan 22 2003, 08:48 PM
are you kidding? the tool kit is much better where it is now than in the tray, ive had both and the tool kit under the seat is much better, plus where you goin to put it theres no airbox right by the tank
faulty AC engineering my A$$
Are you kidding? The tool kit was better in the tray before. They were always dry, no frozen zipper to try to unzip and you could get at them in seconds. Cat just needs to find a place under the hood again.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I would like it under the hood. Im afraid im gonna have somethin sharp in the pouch that will rip the seat.
Also i want better tools. How bout a rachet, now theres a new vocabulary term for the AC engineers. that taiwan thing wouldn't take the spark plugs out. The factory stuck them in too tight.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey flightheadf7, read the post . I didn't call Cats engineering faulty. I said it was an oversite, like when they didn't supply a spark plug holder!!!

If you have a nice warm shed to store your sled, It may not be a problem, but most of us don't,and believe me everybody will find that the tool pouch will freeze up in it's pesent location. It's no fun trying to thaw the ice off so you can use the tools standing by the side of the trail.

There is room to put a tool caddy in the engine compartment, come on were only talking a small case here. Maybe Cats engineers can't figure it out but I will.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Dont even get me started on a spark plug holder! :lol:

sorry gotta'B'bitchen about the little nit picky things on such a fast sled :D

·
Registered
721 Posts
:p I USED AN OLD CAMERA BAG AND ZIP TIED IT ON THE BELLY PAN IN FRONT OF CLUTCH GUARD. CARRY EXTRA TOOLS AND TOW STRAP TO TOW SIEZE-DOOS HOME.CAN NEVER HAVE ENUFF STORAGE ROOM :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Who cares were cat put the tool might as well throw them anyway. After I broke the screwdriver and a wrench doing a repair i started caring my own tools which don't fit in there spot anyway. I'm looking at a windshield bag had one for my zr and worked great.

·
Registered
676 Posts
A better spot for tools would be good. A rachet would be great to. Those plugs are hard to break loose when the engine is hot.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Who needs tools? lol I took my frozen nut bag into the house and dried it out. I really liked the old toolbok under the hood but the underseat is not that bad. Its right in front of you and no opening the hood when your ski-doo buds need a tool!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
How about TWO 9/16 inch wrenches while we are wishing, One that is a box end please, With the nylock nuts and only one wrench I pity the poor bast...d that rides alone and needs to use the tools, I have to go visit Sears craftsman tool store and pick up some more wrenches. LOL, My wife hates it when I go there, I get all glassy eye, I have found all kinds of tools I didn't even now I needed. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
The same ice that is building up on the outside of the tunnel is rolling into area where your tool pouch is at

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Originally posted by Mainecat@Jan 23 2003, 07:57 AM
I really liked the old toolbok under the hood but the underseat is not that bad. Its right in front of you and no opening the hood when your ski-doo buds need a tool!!
You're so right about that! I had to dig mine out today for a bud on a Ski doo(burnt piston maybe). Now how embarassing it would have been if someone went by and we both had our hoods up. Instead now just Ski doo gets the bad name :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts