Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot to ask this question when I picked up my F7 on Friday the 13th, but did anyone get a tool kit with their new Firecat?

catfish

·
Registered
580 Posts
It's under the front of your seat, lift it up and grab the little handle it has and pull it out. Not the best place in my opinion as water does settle down in there and my tool bag was all wet from the shop washing the sled down.

·
Registered
720 Posts
czy42strokes-Since you mentioned the water, maybe we should all put our tool kits in those Heavy Duty Zip Loc Plastic Bags to keep 'em dry.

·
Registered
245 Posts
That is a TERRIBLE PLACE FOR A TOOL KIT :blink: I dont know who Thunk that 'un up. I know space is limited but...... :wacko: Come on guys.

Hit a mugul the wrong way and its bye bye to the BIG GUY :wacko:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Just buy the trunk bag and there is a "webbed" pocket inside the trunk bag, like it was made for it...... I agree with the water retention, it sucks....got all my tools wet...... I still say the old ZR style toolkit on top of the air box was the CATZ AZZ!!! Oh, the things we put up with to get a little more performance...

:unsure:

·
Registered
245 Posts
How did that increase performance by moving the TOOL KIT :wacko:

OK, So I'm new to CAT, But I never heard that would work. Damn, I'da tried that on my last sled LOL :rolleyes:

·
Registered
720 Posts
If I get the trunk bag for Christmas, that is where it will go.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
What I meant was, instead of cat keeping a good thing (Tool kit under the hood) they moved it back to the pouch, and hid it where it will do some damage to some very important "parts"... mainly parts of the rider.....

I'm sure Cat's excuse is "Progress"..... BAH!!!!

Thank god I sold my ZL to my girlfriend to ride...... I'll just lift her hood and use the tools in her kit.....

that should save me about 2 or 3 lbs...... or a good MPH or so!!! LMAO

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
You're in trouble if you move it. The current location helps to strenghten the chassis and reduce the dreaded "seat flex"!

LOL :p

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have seen racers go end over end and never loose their tool kit yet...heck half of them never even knew it was there. It seems to be a great location to me, because the tools never bounce around in that location.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts