Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody cross it yet (to get between Boscawen and the Mast Yard)?

Also, is there any truth to the rumor that the Tooky trails are closed? Can't get to Kearsarge from Tooky?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's 3rd hand information - we're trying to confirm it now. This rumor went around last year also and turned out to be false.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I've ridden from Weare to Kearsarge twice this year already via Contoocook no problem. Even hit some groomed trails over there. But I haven't ridden from downtown Tooky (covered bidge area) East at all, so I have no idea about over there. But you can certainly get to Warner and Kearsarge from the south no problem.

In fact, I'll probably do it again tomorrow night.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scott, if you are in Bow, does it make any sense to go via Turkey Pond towards Hopkinton, then up to Contoocook?[/b]
Yes, that's exactly what we do (although the trail is temporarily closed due to open water south of Beech Hill). Corridor 11 crosses Turkey Pond, then Diamond Hill and onto Beech Hill in Hopkinton. From Beech Hill we go to the Mast Yard, then across a very bumpy hill. After the hill the trail runs the road for 1000 feet, and into a driveway. After the driveway we pick up the rail bed that takes us into Tooky Center.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Scott, if you are in Bow, does it make any sense to go via Turkey Pond towards Hopkinton, then up to Contoocook?[/b]
That's the only way to get over to Contoocook from Bow right now. That's Corr. #11 North. The power line trail in Dunbarton is closed until we find a work around.

Corr #11 North after Diamond Hill Farm and Currier Rd is closed at this time due to high water conditions. The Bow Pioneers are going to try and fix it this Sat.

FYI~ Watch out we are grooming tonight to Currier.

I see Scott updated you...I'm sloooow...

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A few sleds have crossed the river now, both north of the bridge supports and south of them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is the Bow club still responsible for grooming. I traveled from turkey to andover monday and it was nice but the trail to Contoocook could use some work. I need the exersize and thought about going back and cleaning things up but my pipe drag is in nottingham and my srx isn't going to be too happy towing it........Does the bow club have something to make the trip all the way to the covered bridge. Like a skandic.. Also I'm going to check The map quest areal image. I don't remember riding the road for as long as I did near contoocook. I thought we crossed that road but it has been 10 years since I went through there. I did see two tracks across the river north of the bridge supports. It would be bad enough to go through the ice but then add the current to it and.....well not good

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, the Bow club is responsible for the trail to the top of Beech Hill. I'm actually the coordinator for that section of trail (from Turkey to Beech Hill) and I groom it pretty frequently with a Skandic. The section from Currier Road to Beech Hill has been bad for a few weeks because the ice on the beaver pond crossing went out (in other words, I sunk a mogul master in it). I started grooming it again Sunday when I felt the beaver pond crossing was safe enough again. I'll probably do it again tonight. I rode it yesterday, and there is still running water on Beech Hill, but it is getting better. We need more snow - I was hoping we'd get the 3" yesterday, but we didn't.

I actually usually groom to the Mast Yard, but won't go further than that with the Skandic. The Tooky club is responsible for the trail from Beech Hill to the covered bridge (and beyond).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts