Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everything looked great :D a little blow by on pistons! cylinder walls look very nice . my apv valves were a little black had small amout of build up on them ( i use cat oil) i adjusted my oil rod from the top ! turned it in 2 turns chould have went up to five before it bottoms out but my ratio is around 56:1 to 70:1 depending on riding conditions. not bad to do from the top ! i did not want to drill my rivits out to get my belly pan off. even my little rubber ball is ok :lol: :lol: :lol: also took my chain case cover off to check things out and change the oil ! everything looked good overall! im sorry to hear about some of you guys having problems i really hope cat takes care of you ! but as far as my thoughts on this sled :wub: first pic is the cylinder wall ! o ya i have 1015 miles on my f-7

·
Registered
772 Posts
hey switta...i just pulled off my powervalves and cleaned them...the ends had build up i had to use the old razor to get it off...i dont know whats a lot or whats a little (normal) since ive never delt with them before..anywho..i think when i sqeezed the throttle i saw the oil pump lever...is it located under the throttle bodies..or between them?? did u just twist urs up? i brought mine to the dealer and he screwed it up 4 turns..and he said my pistons and walls were perfect...id like to throw it down a little..back to where i had it..since everything was ok..how about do u adjust the rod?? it looks like u just turn the thicker part of it and twist either way...all the way up (closest to me) i assume would be what cat wants it at??...

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you have to take the rod off ! to get the lock nut loose . i pulled my air box out then pulled the air boot of the throttle bodys then you can get your hand in their to snap the rod of the ball . . takes a little time but i think it's better then pulling the belly pan ! also my pipe was off only thing that was a little hard to do was get the airbox back into the boot :wacko: :wacko: had to step away for a bit :lol: but then it slid right in when i tried again :D also spent like 30 min trying to get my 12 mm socket from out of the belly pan!!!!!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Switta (or whoever), is there any special trick to taking off the APV cable blocks -- the metal block assemblies that actually hold the cables to the valves? I tried to take out the 3mm allen bolts, but couldn't break them loose with just a wrench. Do they have to be heated because red loctite was used or something, or do you just need a 3mm socket to break 'em loose? It'd sure be a lot easier to thoroughly clean the valve shafts and housings if they could be completely taken apart, but I sure as heck don't wanna' break anything either! Thanks!! -- Roy

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Roy T@Feb 25 2003, 07:13 AM
Switta (or whoever), is there any special trick to taking off the APV cable blocks -- the metal block assemblies that actually hold the cables to the valves? I tried to take out the 3mm allen bolts, but couldn't break them loose with just a wrench. Do they have to be heated because red loctite was used or something, or do you just need a 3mm socket to break 'em loose? It'd sure be a lot easier to thoroughly clean the valve shafts and housings if they could be completely taken apart, but I sure as heck don't wanna' break anything either! Thanks!! -- Roy
hey roy i just used an allen wrench they were very tight but they will come loose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts