Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got up there yesterday morning - My bud has a cabin on lake nokomis - I was surprised to see how many lake trails were running and marked with barrels - Also saw alot of open water to - Stay by the barrels and your fine plus he knows the area pretty well - Also heard about a young girl passing away - Sorry to hear that and god bless her family - I dont know the trails very well and i have no idea what lakes we were on , but overall the trails were fair - Some really good , some snirty - They all have a ice base with loose snow on top - Nothing really to groom anymore but at least they were white for the most part - Was nice to be able to open up the Crossfires on the lakes :banana: Be carefull on the trails with that ice base

Got in about 150 miles yesterday and now pouring rain - They need more snow and cold before i would go back

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some more

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Way to go Scott. Gald you got some more miles. We took a pass and headed back home to clean up from Xmas. We have been on the run since last Saturday, IN,IL and NE WI! So, once the real snow shows up we'll be ready to head up.

Here is a little video from this week up north with the kids playing on the lake! I did the speed trick to my son's Z120, sounds cool now. And at the end of the video I put the pictures from our UP trip.

Take Care and Happy New Year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDmT7P63rA

·
Registered
527 Posts
I was riding Nokomis this past weekend,I have a home on the lake.I did Gators poker run on Sat.I didn't get to do any trail riding seeing my buddys Polaris was yet once again broken down.Let me know when your up there again,I'll ride with you and we can talk Mopars I have a 69 GTX.
Joe

·
Registered
671 Posts
I was riding Nokomis this past weekend,I have a home on the lake.I did Gators poker run on Sat.I didn't get to do any trail riding seeing my buddys Polaris was yet once again broken down.Let me know when your up there again,I'll ride with you and we can talk Mopars I have a 69 GTX.
Joe[/b]
hey i was wondering if there was anything left on the trails after the rain, we were thinking about going up this weekend but i dont think there will be much left after the warm but i would really like to find out how they were after we got all that rain again. if you are ever up there look for me at holly's bar, thats our hangout because i have a cabin down the road on deer lake. i see you didnt ride the trails but just wondering if you talked to anyone. thanks
brent

·
Registered
527 Posts
I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine that lives there.The trails are just "ok" icey but ridable,there talking 2-4 inches by the weekend,so that would be great.I'm not going up this weekend,unless they get snow.I stop by Hollys I live right down the road on Honeymoon Bay,but spend most of the time at Gators.
Joe

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I was at Holly's last thursday. The locals were bustin her about all the Bears clothes she's been wearing. Wonder if her new hubby got his sled put back together. Wanted to go to Gators but did'nt want to take a chance on the lake after dark. So I had dinner at Schaffers. One wrong move by the blonde bartender babe and her A cup boobys were going to fall out of her top.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
The lake area in front of gators is fine, just stick to the barrels. There are other ways to get there beside the lakes, Of you are riding the bearskin there are 3 separate ways without needing to cross any water.

Anyone every had the Broasted Pork chops at R&R Gators on Thursday nights??? I make the trip down there by sled or car for those things. if you go by sled, plan on being too full to ride after eating those things.

I think I might need to make the trip tonight. I'll let you guys know how the trails are if I take the sled.

the snow isn't supposed to start hitting enough to really help until like Sunday through Tuesday.

>Click This< for the best weather forecasting

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Anyone ever stay at the Wild Eagle Lodge in Eagle River? Got a gift certificate for that place. I might try to come up next week if there is snow. I can leave anytime if anyone wants to take advantage of weekday riding.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Joe[/b]
Will do

Hopefully up there in two weeks - Snow and cold lets hope

MOPAR !!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.