Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my group of riders went the the togwotee lodge area last year for the first year and we found some ok riding kept us happy for the week we were there but this year we are wanting to explore more but i was hoping that some of you that have rode in them areas could point us in a good direction to find some big hills and deep powder. we staied at the mountain pinnacle properties which is a little south of togwotee. we make the trip about the 2nd week of march i think. so if any of you know of a spot that we could adventure to to check out that would be great.
thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
You could look at riding union pass which is southeast of togwotee pass towards Dubois. The trail system is great from there all the way to pinedale. We usually ride up a couple miles and then off into the hills and flats.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
hire one of togwatee's guides for a day and promise a big tip for some secret spots,it will be money well spent.I used to ride there in the '90's and there are a million great spots

·
Registered
103 Posts
Any reports on how the if the cd trail is open down to crooked creek gr.[/b]

I read over on John Dee that a few are cancilling Reservations at Tog because of Lack of Snow....I looked it up and they only have 33Inches so far at the Resort

·
Registered
8 Posts
Planning on mid jan to go to crooked creek, I have heard that there is good pow at tog 10000', little snow at cc. Thanks to all the guys out west to update us.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I read over on John Dee that a few are cancilling Reservations at Tog because of Lack of Snow....I looked it up and they only have 33Inches so far at the Resort[/b]
Well I just got back from Togwotee, rode sun thru wed with Carter (a guide) and no kidding was one of the best rides i've had there, and i've been there 20 + times. Temps were in the 20's, Sunshine 2 1/2 of 4 days, pushing snow over our hoods everyday. just have to know where it is. Yes the Trails were in bad shape, but who goes there to trail ride..... Cant wait to get back out there!!
[attachment=612351:IMG_1059.JPG]

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey guys my group of riders went the the togwotee lodge area last year for the first year and we found some ok riding kept us happy for the week we were there but this year we are wanting to explore more but i was hoping that some of you that have rode in them areas could point us in a good direction to find some big hills and deep powder. we staied at the mountain pinnacle properties which is a little south of togwotee. we make the trip about the 2nd week of march i think. so if any of you know of a spot that we could adventure to to check out that would be great.
thanks[/b]
Stay at Lava Mountain Lodge, They know where the snow is and they have great food, great customer service and can offer guide service or set you up with the right guides depending on where you want to ride. The most amenities for the price- gas, general store, awsome restaurant and bar, house keeping and 10 cents off gallon of gas for registered guests. Heated shop for registered guest use. Don't miss the Colorado Sledstyle Lava Mountain Film and Freeride after the World Championship Hill Climbs in Jackson Hole. Over five film companies will be descending on Lava Mountain Lodge for a few days of filming and free riding.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts