Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out riding today with an SRX 7, and an SX 7 with triple pipes. At one point in the day the 2 Yamaha's lined up, and I started about 2 lengths behind them. They took off and I followed. The SRX was beating the SX by about 1 length. I was on and off the throttle because I didn't want to scare the guy on the SX by pulling up too fast. Once the SRX pulled about 2 lengths on the SX I made my move. Too the bar, I passed the SX like it was standing still and started running down the SRX. About 1000' in we shut it down. The guy on the SRX was surprised to see me on his rear bumper when we slowed down.

We turned around and he wanted to run my F7. Sure, why not. He hit the throttle first and then I nailed it. My sled instantly opened about a 4 sled lead and kept pulling away. Totally cleaned up on the SRX. WOW!!! My buddy said my sled looked like a rocket.

The SX had triple pipes and heel-clicker clutch setup. The SRX was clutched. None of us have studs. We ran about 1000'. :p

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The speedo indicated 90mph, then I shut it down. The SRX 7 was too far behind to continue. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
My F7 has 1350 miles on it now. No problems to date.
The sled has been clutched, one more cog on the top gear,
and reeds changed. The sled is quick, runs with anything built. Top speed on radar is 124 mph. The sled is faster than a 900 by 6 lengths 500 ft. Top end is 5-6 mph faster with the clutch and gearing changes

C

·
0 Posts
Larry...whats a Manitoba? Is that something you put under the sled?

Does it make it go faster? Are the red ones faster than the black ones?

I would hope you can beat a sxr with it..my last 500 would!!

I had a 98 zr that was fiddled with and I bet it would clean your clock....bought it from a guy in Stynbakkk!

You havnt told me how it handles yet...:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by calebob@Dec 31 2002, 12:25 AM
Larry...whats a Manitoba? Is that something you put under the sled?

Does it make it go faster? Are the red ones faster than the black ones?

I would hope you can beat a sxr with it..my last 500 would!!

I had a 98 zr that was fiddled with and I bet it would clean your clock....bought it from a guy in Stynbakkk!

You havnt told me how it handles yet...:)
The black ones are the fast ones. I think Manitoba is some kind of a buffalo and if one is chasing you your sled will go faster.

Yeah that 500 was darn quick, all kinds of tricks on that one. But that 5 wouldn't hold a candle to my F7. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Cookie- What kind of reeds are you using??

·
Registered
16 Posts
i too did some major butt kicking on an srx , rx1 and viper. all these sleds are close with my f7 on grass but on the snow they are not even close

·
Registered
986 Posts
Cookie what were your RPMs when you turned that speed of 124mph please reply

1 - 10 of 10 Posts