Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know how to reply to your post to me. I also wasn't able to read the whole thing. Mohawk is in Cornwall, what I like to refer to as the ice-box of CT. They have lots of snow up there. They haven't been getting rain, just snow or frozen granular pellets. I will look into registering in CT. I believe you can ride in CT if you are registered elsewhere. Not sure.
Scott

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just looked at the DEP website. It states that snowmobiles must be registered to be operated in CT state forests. It doesn't say that the sleds must be registered in CT. I imagine that you have plates and registration paperwork from where you registered the sled.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just looked at the DEP website. It states that snowmobiles must be registered to be operated in CT state forests. It doesn't say that the sleds must be registered in CT. I imagine that you have plates and registration paperwork from where you registered the sled.[/b]
Scott, You do need to register in Ct to ride here. You are issued a licence plate just like a motorcycle. This is needed for all state property as well as riding any lakes in Ct. The fee is minimal to register its only $35 for 2 years. They do charge property tax in this wonderful state though. I just got back from riding Peoples State Forest in Barkhamsted. Only ones there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do they have out of state registrations for those of us licenced in another state.[/b]
The CT DMV Site states that only certain registered out of state ATV(snowmobiles) are allowed to operate in CT. The site says to ask the DMV in which the vehicle is registered. Hope this helps.

Here is the linkhttp://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=810&pm=1&Q=285500&dmvPNavCtr=|#42938

·
Registered
668 Posts
whats the proplem with saying witch one should or should not be reg. in ct? is this to difficult for the dep to do?or is this just a way to make money for the state. why do we pay these people any way?

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Here is what I found:

No one may operate a snowmobile or an ATV meeting the more general definition unless the owner holds a valid, effective registration certificate issued by Connecticut or another state or by the United States, provided the state or district of registration grants substantially similar privileges for snowmobile and ATVs owned by Connecticut residents. However, Connecticut residents must obtain Connecticut registrations for ATVs they own and operate here.

·
Registered
2020 Polaris Switchback Assault; 2009 Skidoo MXZ TNT 1200; 2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800
1,722 Posts
All the state of CT. is looking for is the tax dollars..I could care less about spending the $35.00 to register, I would do pay it in second, but I'm not forking over anymore tax dollars to this state..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scott, You do need to register in Ct to ride here. You are issued a licence plate just like a motorcycle. This is needed for all state property as well as riding any lakes in Ct. The fee is minimal to register its only $35 for 2 years. They do charge property tax in this wonderful state though. I just got back from riding Peoples State Forest in Barkhamsted. Only ones there.[/b]
I know what you mean about nobody around. There were a total of 4 sleds at Mohawk on Saturday. We were the first ones to track up Mohawk Pond.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How was the riding up at Mohawk this weekend? How far were you able to go? Any info would help.
Thanks[/b]
The riding was pretty good. You could run the whole main route, up and back. The spur line to the observation tower looked very sketchy. I also took the narrow trail that gets you to Mohawk Pond. There was about 8" of ice on it. That was fun. The main trail had some ruts and grabbed the skis. I'm sure its all crap now.
Scott

1 - 11 of 11 Posts