Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for opinions on edge grip plates on running board ..pros and cons?? .do you just ribit them through board ???or is there colant in the running board

·
Registered
711 Posts
I think firecats do have coolant running through them, somebody on here will know for sure. I have them on my ZL SS and I like them alot! You don't slip at all and they rivet right into the flat part of the footwell! :beerchug:

·
Registered
608 Posts
They rivet to the run board inside of the collant edge. Definitely a plus, feet never slip no matter where you put them. 2 words of caution. Be careful with pants because you easily rip stuff on them, and get painted ones. The natural aluminum ones discolor and are impossible to polish with all the sharp edges.

·
Registered
177 Posts
:beerchug: Definitely grip plate. I rode my 04 one year without and one with. Huge difference especially when standing. I didnt like Cat's brilliant idea of smooth running boards. I love the look of the ones for the edges of the boards but I won't run them because I know I'll end up ripping my pants on them. It's just my luck. I have the green ones that go inside of the heat exchangers on the flat smooth area . I like them a lot and they are easy to install. just drill and rivet them in. :doh:

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I think they are a waste...

id spend money on the grip plates that mount on the footwell areas...instead of buying the edge grips..

or both is perfect...I have them on my mod...no slipping going on...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts