Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sent out my top end to Carl's to have a 660 done, but I didn't send out my carbs or boots to get bored. When I had first talked to the them on the phone they had said since I was only riding low alt., it wasn't a necessary to have the carbs done. Now I get a call today from them asking where my carbs and boots were. WTF? They said it didn't matter that I was only riding low alt., if wanted the power out of the 660 that i'd need to have the carbs and boots bored. I know a bunch flat landers with 660's said that they didn't have their carbs bored because it only made it harder to tune and it wasn't worth it. I've always been told if your riding high up to have it done and for flat landers not too. Alright now that i've been told 2 different things, anyone have any real answers to this?? Does boring the carbs make that much harder to tune for? I already have SLP twins and a modded air box. I want all power I get out this steup, but I don't keep messing with it after I get it dailed in. I have digatron and tempaflow to help with that. So is it worth it to shell out a couple more hundered on top of the 660 cost already to have this done or no? I'm just confused....

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i wouldn't bother with the carb bore... i agree with the harder to tune statement... anytime you bore you will reduce intake velocity which will in turn reduce fuel atomization and make your jetting very finicky... if you were gonna be a competitive racer it might make more sense, for trail riding, no f-n way

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
cleaning up the carb boots I can see , carbs NO.... Like Bonz said it makes for a tuneing nightmare... With a stock carb its not going to be that far off that a main jet couldnt fix , your only talking 30cc more(each carb) and that porting will make more change to your tune up then the 30 cc will!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright great, that is what I thought. Yeah i'm mostly just a trail rider with a few hillcrosses, but nothing to hardcore. Yeah I figured it just make it more finicky setup. Thats why I don't understand why they would change their minds. I guess it just ment dollar signs...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts