Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have your timing chain tensoiner checked!!!
My 06 Rage with 4585 miles on it stripped out ALL of the teeth on the crank timing sprocket. They think that the tensoiner crapped out.
Yamaha said that they haven,t seen this problem before.
They are covering the repair 100% for me. Parts AND labor.
Sled is 2 months out of warranty.
They are replaceing the crank, pistons, rods, rings, oil pump, timing chain components, all 6 exhaust valves and guides.
This might just be an isolated incident with a defective tensoiner or ???
I have to give Yamaha and my dealer a huge thumbs up for stepping up to the plate and takeing care of this issue for me.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
sounds like typical jap crap. poo never had problems with usa motors. lol just kidding. atleast its me saying it and not some f-cat guy that really means it. maybe this year you can get 20 mpg instead of that crappy 18mpg.

·
Registered
615 Posts
sounds like typical jap crap. poo never had problems with usa motors. lol just kidding. atleast its me saying it and not some f-cat guy that really means it. maybe this year you can get 20 mpg instead of that crappy 18mpg.[/b]
That was a funny joke. It just makes me think of my two buddies that bought pro x's and before the even rode them they were switching there end bearings on the crank and having to add engine torque arms. I'm not saying Yam never breaks but usually you can ride them for several thousand miles before having to add parts.lol.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh boy, wait until some of the "haters" get ahold of this one![/b]
The haters can say whatever they want. I still love the Rage and I just wanted to give people a heads up. I will still buy another one.
I,m sure that is just a fluke with my sled not a problem overall.
EVERY sled compnny has a problem out there, afterall, they are build by humans ( well, most of the sled anyhow ).

·
Registered
182 Posts
We may want to go to the dealership with our serial numbers Yamaha may have a recall on that component. They will only notice the costomers of a recall when it is a safety related issue. I had 4 recalls on my machine the day I picked it up and did not know it until I found out about them from a competitive dealer. Yamaha is good, Some of the dealers may not be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.