Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a brand new TNT has rode it twice and has broken 4 rear idler wheels. Has anyone had a similar problem??? Or does anyone know of what could be going wrong????

·
Registered
88 Posts
400 miles on mine with no problems but check on Dootalk, lots of chatter, some guys are adding two wheels or putting heavier duty ones on. Rumor has it there may be a recall in the works...

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
the wheels they put in there are kinda flimsy, replace them with 2 of your more standard heavier duty ones and ill bet they wont break again.
lots of guys out west are running 2 wheels and no problems, but most are running a heavy duty plastic or aluminum wheels.

·
Premium Member
39,124 Posts
My son-in-law just pulled a new 800R off the trail 2 days ago, engine was blown, 97 miles on it, antifreeze everywhere he said, thank God for warranties, hope they fix it right away.

Don

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My son-in-law just pulled a new 800R off the trail 2 days ago, engine was blown, 97 miles on it, antifreeze everywhere he said, thank God for warranties, hope they fix it right away.
Don[/b]
wat did that have to do with anything??????????
he catches a lot of and hits a lot of jumps, stuff like that.

·
Registered
534 Posts
when i ordeared the billet kits from tricked toys he offered me a larger bolt for the rear wheels he noted that there had been some failures

·
Registered
534 Posts
my bad. read it wrong.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
My friend has a brand new TNT has rode it twice and has broken 4 rear idler wheels. Has anyone had a similar problem??? Or does anyone know of what could be going wrong????[/b]
i have a mxz x 800 and i had a rear wheel blow off put the old style wheels on and seems to have fixed the problem i think the new wheels are just not strong enough with all those holes in them if you are going to be jumping

·
Registered
942 Posts
What part of the wheel is breaking? Do the old style wheels bolt right on?? I ride thinking of this problem in the back of my mind, cuz I get pretty far from civilization, and don't need this to happen. I tried to get a spare wheel to carry, but the dealer didn't have any.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What part of the wheel is breaking? Do the old style wheels bolt right on?? I ride thinking of this problem in the back of my mind, cuz I get pretty far from civilization, and don't need this to happen. I tried to get a spare wheel to carry, but the dealer didn't have any.[/b]
mine brok on the back side of the bearing i dont think you should really worry to much i was jumping a 4 foot snow bank and pretty much landed a little crooked on the flat

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its not are first day riding.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
None have broke in our group yet....

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Probably not, but it could be your first day of spelling, and/or punctuation.[/b]
Shut up, it's not like you've never been in a hurry and made a mistake.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts