Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there all. I hope you are getting some miles in.

I need some advice. Last week I was running my ZR700. Sled ran well, but used a lot of go juice. The plugs were black and dry. Piston wash was the size of a silver dollar. So i decided to lean up the midrange a bit.
I moved the needle clip from 3rd from the top to second from the top.

Yesterday, same temp, elevation and almost pressure. The plugs were chocolate brown ( perfect ). Fuel mileage was much better. BUT the piston wash was gone except around the port bridges (too lean).

Are there different washers out there to place under the needles to split the difference? A thinner washer and move the needle to the third clip would probably do it.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
754 Posts
yes there is a shim kit for your carb they are called 5/20 shim kit.for the cost about 10.00 from hpe. hi-perf.com i hope this help you
sno_pro_500

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I checked my jetting yesterday and its set at 330 mains / needle clip in the 3rd position with both washers under the clip( half thickness washers) This is with Black Magic twin pipes. My brothers 2000 ZR700 is 310 mains and the needle clip in the 3rd position /with one washer below the clip and one above. He has the stock pipe on it and the engine has mild porting work done to it with the heads shaved slightly for more compression. They both run very strong....tigger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts