Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so some of us have some problems with our machines. Although I am not one of them (and I could offer suggestions as to how to have less problems as I am sure many other experienced guys here could), let's hear the great stuff. Not just beating everyone in site, which is obvious, but the things you like best. For me it is many things but one of the best is how light and nimble these machines are in the real world. I have riden lots of machines and when I get back on my F7 I feel like superman. All the inputs you give it are light and reaction is quick. Scary quick sometimes. If you ever have the guts to get one of these machines airborn you'll find how easy it is to control in the air. What a BLAST! I finished racing an SRX and a Viper for a team this past weekend and my F7 felt like a ZR120 (lightness of course) compared to these sleds. The Yamaha's are great sleds, solid, refined etc. but compared to the F7 you need to work out at the gym lots to get them to do the same things that the F7 will do with ease. Anyway I think despite the problems some are having these sleds will mark a place in snowmobiling history, and I am glad to be a part of it all.

speedmerchant

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I love my F7, I've owned 6 cats and think this is the greatest one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
F7 is simply the best, most fun sled I've ever owned or ridden. Light, nimble, great in deep snow, fast and responsive. Great ergos, suspension and seat. I couldn't be more pleased with it. :)

R

·
0 Posts
750 miles, no problems, dozens of races, zero losses, this sled rocks.
Wide open -12F down frozen lakes, no problem. Great gas mileage, good on oil, sucks up bumps, slams into turns, leaves snow on the competitions hoods, no broken pull cords, no blown up motors, just start it , and run it. Oh i forgot put a little gas and oil in it now and then. ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Well I Kind of have a Firecat with a 2002 ZR 440 SnoPro, and I agree, this is the BEST sled I have ever ridden..WShen this one goe, I am thinking F6 and put a Cross-Link in it all the fun of the pro but no jetting to deal with......

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear ya Ron, a guy at the drag strip asked me what kind of mods I had made, after he saw me destroy the competition. I told him I just put freash plugs in and that's it. After he cleared the hot chochlate that blew out his nostrils he said I need to get one of those. Doesn't everyone!

speedmerchant

S

·
0 Posts
just got the Suspension dialed in, WOW! fly! Waiting for some guys to go for a ride to take some pics, i think they are all scared or somthin? This thing goes hard and comes home wet! The only bad thing is I have to work and can't ride during the day.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
much better in the bumps over the zr and stand up riding is far superior. Tried to ride a zr standing up A few weeks ago and i didnt even know what to do

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have 1200 miles of riding pleasure (I'm in Quebec, great great trails!!!). Same spark plugs, pull cord, engine !! This sled is AMAZING.

I changed the sway bar (for a larger one) to keep the skis on the ground and it works like a charm. I put a B&B exhaust for the pleasure of it... can you say GOOSE BUMPS when wide open ?

I'm just so tired of hearing negative shit about Firecats. I love mine.

By the way... I've raced many times so far... Still haven't found anyone faster. Maybe I got a good sled... but beating the shit of my friends SRX's700, REV's800, Edge700 is a GREAT PLEASURE !!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Feels like I'm driving my dirt bike.The faster you go the better it handles.Its good on gas,light, comfortable, and fast.Mine has been reliable with no problems but know of some people who have had.If they don't detune the motor for 2004 I'm buying another one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I love my F7 as well 670 miles on it with on problems. I have had the recalls done and I realize that the first year of a new sled is going to have some issues and I'M ok with that. I still think it's a grate sled :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Originally posted by Firecat700CC@Feb 8 2003, 09:29 AM
Hi everyone,

I have 1200 miles of riding pleasure (I'm in Quebec, great great trails!!!). Same spark plugs, pull cord, engine !! This sled is AMAZING.

I changed the sway bar (for a larger one) to keep the skis on the ground and it works like a charm. I put a B&B exhaust for the pleasure of it... can you say GOOSE BUMPS when wide open ?

I'm just so tired of hearing negative shit about Firecats. I love mine.

By the way... I've raced many times so far... Still haven't found anyone faster. Maybe I got a good sled... but beating the shit of my friends SRX's700, REV's800, Edge700 is a GREAT PLEASURE !!!!
Where did you get this sway bar at?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Geez what can i say?

This sled is great. I have had zero problems and the thing looks and runs great.

But i do have one issue i must taqlk about. Everyone whats to be like Bob. Everyone i ride with whats i firecat and they are selling their sleds to do it.

All i can do is sit back and laff.

Bob

·
Registered
986 Posts
Best all around sled I have had the pleasure to ride in 32 years of riding

1 - 20 of 30 Posts