Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time studding for me. Anyone with any pionters as to what and what not to do.

I will be installing 96 Woodys Studs.

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks

F7 :ph34r:

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
But not in the dead center or the studs will hit tunnel. You should get a Templet from your Cat dealer.
Skydog

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I put 153 in the center of my f7...i went with
the same patteren as the outdoorshop
i never used a template...just measure in
a 1/2inch from the window to backer edge
and drill...3 per lug..they have a picture posted
some place if u go look...and stay away from the
center 2 inches of the track...i went with 1.175
lot's of clearence...they need every bit of
that to hook these machines up.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I am studding for the first time as well on my F7 SnoPro. I am putting on 144 1450 Megabites in Woodys Double Digger Pattern. I will let you know how it goes.

Kevin :wacko:

·
Registered
720 Posts
I added 156 Woody's 1.075 Gold Diggers using Woody's pattern and then studding the three empty lugs. I didn't want to take any chances with that rear cooler. For the limited riding I have done, sled seem to hook up pretty good.

Here are some tips.

1)Use quality carbide studs.
2) I personally have had good luck with aluminum backers but some guys swear by the plastic or nylon.
3)Stay away from the edge of the track and the middle, where the tunnel protector is. Be careful when drilling not to hit your suspension components.
4)Measure twice, cut once.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
and......don't over tighten the studs.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I studded a track for racing and decided to stud the closed windows on the 1" track. I can see no reason that this isn't going to work. I raced last weekend with no troubles. This forces the stud into the surface under the sliders simmilar to clip studs. they didn't seem to rub the hyfax at all because the head of the stud is pulled lower than the surface of the track. Anyone else doing this? If you can think of any reason this has issues, please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i have a z370 @ home which is fanned cooled. I studded it with .85 mega-bites. do i have to worry about the studs hitting the tunnel because i dont have tunnel protectors?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts