Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard about the belt shim... what are some other secrets

How do the force Reeds work on the F7 and should I be gearing this thing different?

·
Registered
593 Posts
There should be four shims in your secondary, two smaller and two thicker. I took out one thick one and it worked great, some others took out a thick and a thin, try one at a time and see how it works.

·
Registered
701 Posts
How much do you weigh. I am 160 and I ran a 62/50 helix with green secondary spring in hole #2. Gains over stock...don't be fooled, clutching is where performance is. Motor enhancements will beat stock sleds, but won't run with stock clutched F7's. Oh yeah, take out one of the smallest shims in secondary to get you in ballpark.
By the way, the F7 motor likes to be dragged down..to the point that it does not sound healthy!

·
Registered
701 Posts
By dragged down...I mean when you hear the motor almost bogging, but your RPM's are where they should be. I shift mine about 7400 and run it to about 7700 top end. This is with good traction, because if I shift, then spin, I'm pretty much done!
This theory sounds very "untechnical" but it has worked for me on both my zr8 and F7.
I would just change secondary, not primary, especially if you are not 'into' tuning that much. Backshift with the setup I mentioned before was not hurt as bad on F7 as on zr8. Email if you want to talk more. I am playing with primary now and have no secrets!

[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts