Hardcore Sledder banner

TIP UP TOWN??????????

2K views 36 replies 21 participants last post by  ottersf6nf 
Where/When/What exactly is tip up town? Ive heard of it and seen some videos looks like a big drag race or something?[/b]
It's a huge snow festival lasting an entire week. It has family activities (rides, petting farm, parade, ice slide, games, etc.), softball, old sled races, Polar Bear Ice Dip, as well as fishing and various contests. There is an adult beer tent located offsite and away from the family area. We have gone both weekends every year since the 90s, and my kids have a blast. We've never had an incident of any sort, though we don't go to the adult area. TUT closes at 4pm each day, plenty of daylight to get back to the cabin. :div20:

:beerchug:

I would put alot of reflector tape on a shanty, and yea, white probably isn't a good color!! Was it two years ago, when they had a 1/2 mile swath of open water on the lake? We've only taken the sleds a couple times, usually go by truck. :div20:

yes, open water, and two guy drown in it[/b]
And they were locals that KNEW about it... :banghead:
I remember reading a stat a few years ago that said that someone dies every weekend of tip up town, every year, from some form of alcohol related foolishness.[/b]
I'd like to see that stat, as I do not recall that to be true, at least since the late 90s. :dunno:
But if you are looking for good trails to ride on in the winter this is not the place nor time to go.[/b]
Agreed, if for no other reason than the amount of people... snow gets beat quick. But last year, we were DUMPED on the night before, giving us over 8" of fresh powder... the BEST riding on the lake I've seen since I started going there! But TUT isn't really about riding... it's about the festival. :div20: The beer tent is an aside for the non-family types...
See D's post for that info! :div20: But seeing how you are still in collage, I kind of doubt that that is what you are looking for! :dunno:[/b]
:div20:

I went the last two years in hopes of racing some sleds...[/b]
They heard you were gonna be there... decided to drink instead of get their asses kicked... :cn:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.