Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arctic Cat is investigating about all the sleds blowing up they say it could be something to do with the timing so then they would need to make something new to do with the efi systems i have been hearing about dealars are working with them to for it. But all i know is ac is working around the clock trying to figure it out but thats one of the problems could be they say. Cause over 50 miles it aint no coolent or oil thing. Its when people are in mid range when its been happening or mostly when letting off gas they say. Timing advancment is off is there guess so far. :eek:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sounds like partial-throttle detonation possibly due to TPS voltage being to high. :angry:

·
Registered
56 Posts
If partial-throttle detonation was the cause, would using high octane (92) gas give some insurance against it puking in the mean-time till they possibly re-map?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, to some degree. So many other variables to play footsie with its not a guarantee against detonation. But AC hasn't confirmed it yet. So we may be jumping the gun. <_<

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
you know what, it's people like you that are making out sledding dreams become nightmares, if the timing in these sleds were off, every flippin sled in production that is running around right now, would be sitting in a local shop, there isn't gonna be timing off in four sleds and not the next twenty

·
Registered
79 Posts
Originally posted by Firecat_freak@Dec 12 2002, 08:51 AM
you know what, it's people like you that are making out sledding dreams become nightmares, if the timing in these sleds were off, every flippin sled in production that is running around right now, would be sitting in a local shop, there isn't gonna be timing off in four sleds and not the next twenty
Hey, hangon what did I say??? :angry:

·
Registered
962 Posts
I think I get what he is saying. The problem wouldn`t only affect a 4 and not the rest if it were a computer problem.

Now this has got me thinking. The EFI is run my a computer. Computers can get BUGS (VIRUSES) Whats to say the computer didn`t get a virus when they programed it. I know this sounds strange but it happens in Auto alot but it usually triggers a light of some sort. (EX. Check engine light) Do all of the 4 that blew have a serial number in a certain range maybe there will be more.

Anyhow I`m just pondering here dont take this too seriously.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Maybe they were running Ethynol that was unlabeled as such and didn't have the switch set when they were running. Did they check the gas in those sleds that blew.

(Might start using the Ethynol switch to richen up my trail rocket.)

Greg

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
my dealer just called me,
a.c. is telling him that you must run 87-89 octane gas because the computer was designed for this.
i always thought the higher the octane the better, but ive been wrong before
he also told me when polaris had efi sleds the problems were having occured with them , customers went to lower octane fuel and had less problems with hesitation and starting,
another theory on the boggging issue id the throttle position switch on the lever he seems to think the throttle cables are to tight, keeping pressure on the switch tricking it into thinking the throttle is frozen

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey firecat freak, it is also the way you run them if you run them hard all the time then you might not have anyproblem at all but always in midrange than you will have the problem,so i think its that and thats what a few dealers mechanics are saying. just my thought

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well, when mine went down, I was just letting off throttle. As entered the turn, I let off slightly and moved my ass across the seat, and nailed the flipper olny to have NOTHING THERE :angry:

I would believe the serial # range might have something to do with this. I'd be interested to find out.

I got my BLACK SABER SnoPro on OCT 7 (early build?)

I know john (bossho) has a Green Std Std - I would guess it wasnt built at the same time, but who knows about when computers were programmed? Maybe from a large parts bin/location?

Hmmmm......... Got me thinkin now!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally someone sees that thanks black saber most of the ones from our dealers happened when they let off the throttle!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
:huh: For what it's worth guys:my f7 green standard (4ufo3snw53t175422) went down @ 300km's, I was running 89 octane sunoco fuel from a very busy gas station. I am not sure but I think all sunocco gas here in Ontario has ethanol in . I can't be sure anywhere regarding the ethanol thing .My fuel switch was set on ethanol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts