Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 Firecat F6 sleds, one is an 04 EFI and one is an 05 EFI. I have seen lots of places selling timing keys for these sleds. Do they work? How much advance is safe 1, 2, 2.5 or 3 degrees? I understand that I need to run premium fuel? Is this modification worth it? What are the risks???

·
Registered
539 Posts
Did you try searching this topic? There's a whole lot out there on this topic!!!

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
I have 2 Firecat F6 sleds, one is an 04 EFI and one is an 05 EFI. I have seen lots of places selling timing keys for these sleds. Do they work? How much advance is safe 1, 2, 2.5 or 3 degrees? I understand that I need to run premium fuel? Is this modification worth it? What are the risks???[/b]

Just something else to worry about IMO for what it really gains....R2R

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
i took mine out of my 05 f7 efi because it was more of a headache always worrying abuot if i was going to blow something up and if i got good gas at the gas station, plus premium isnt too cheap!.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
i put a 1.75 in my F6 efi-r and i didn't feel a damn thing. no measurable throttle response or acceleration difference at all. i run 87 and i didn't want to have to run premium so i went with the 1.75 over the 2.5 but i still don't think i would feel a difference. waste of money and time in my book. this is for the guy that runs at the track and measures performance improvements in hundredths and tenths of a second. you might see a small difference there. i wanted a seat of the pants improvement and felt absolutely nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts