Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a timing key from my local speed shop and was told that the 2.5 degree key would be worthless because the 03 F7's already came advanced 2.5 degrees. Is that true? Sounds kinda unlikely to me but figured i would check

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I have a 3* in mine. I guess you can technically say that they are advanced from the factory. The key just moves it 2.5* more.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats kinda what I was thinking, but he said I wouldn't see any performance gains from it so I figured I would check. Anyways, i have the 2.5* key, does that much advance REQUIRE 91 or higher octane or can i still run regular pump gas?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i am running a 2 degree in mine with the '03 motor and ecu box, i run 93( thats the high test in NH) and i dont know if i would run regular, that would be really risky. ask for performance, you will notice a power gain, you are still advancing the timing, the timing key will actually help crisp the motor up a little bit, wont run like it is so rich

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
High Octane recommended.......the best we can get on a regular basis here in AK is 90 so I add a bottle of boost to help as much as I can or mix Av fuel

·
Registered
13 Posts
High Octane recommended.......the best we can get on a regular basis here in AK is 90 so I add a bottle of boost to help as much as I can or mix Av fuel[/b]
yah i saw some 94 octane when i was in idaho, duno if it was some kinda joke or what, but i wanted some!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts