Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Thanks guys. I will post my results here when the snow falls encase others want to know. Hard to get any solid info on the little 6's. Time sure is passing by!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Getting closer. I needed more pretension to get the out of the gate rpms up. I ended up with:

180/290 primary spring

47.5 Poo weights

57/38 helix
Grn sno pro spring in secondary (1st position)
Need to buy a purple. Its the closest I had to test with.

I will install the purple and check rpms again. This turned 9 grand on my sled with the green secondary spring. If I can't get the rpms up more I will either go more total primary spring tension,....say 320/330 or side dress the weights and cut a gram off. Will post more when I get weather to do so.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Well the D&D purple secondary is the spring. Notable difference with that in as far as acceleration goes. If I get more weather I will test the different primary spring but I think the higher rate of a 320/330 may be too much for those light weights. Likely will make rpms, but may not be as fast due to possibly not shifting all the way out. May be a while before I can test that. Weather is raining now.

·
Registered
997 Posts
UPDATE:
Don't know if you are interested in this anymore or not, but I will post it anyway and possibly help someone else. This is what I have found to work in my 2000 zrt 600:

Polaris 49 gram weights
Primary spring D&D Black 190/330
58/42 Dalton helix
Purple D&D secondary spring 2nd hole tighter tension
23/40 gears

Turns 92-9300 rpms and is the best set up to date. Pulls very strong! 47.5 gram weights turn 9500 rpms. Gearing from yours to mine is close but not spot on but this should be very close for you to tweak it. I am only at .064" squish after lifting the cylinders and adding the spacer to match port timing. Hope this helps. Keep track of your primary spring. These like to crap out over a short time frame. I take mine out of the clutch when season is over.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 97 Zrt 600 that I’ve built for snow drags. The heads are cut down and I only run race gas. I tried a 5 degree keyway and the motor is flat and would of rev higher than 8900 rpm. Has anyone tried the 1-3.75 degree keys and found one key worked noticeably better than another?
Thanks
What is your squish? What octane are you running 110, 112 or 116?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts