Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering is it alright to run my 2 deg timing key in my f8 with no problem and was wondering what was a safe fuel pressure to run with the D&D in-line fuel pressure gauge and restrictor , I think the f7 were 39 lbs and help would be greatfull tks

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I was wondering is it alright to run my 2 deg timing key in my f8 with no problem and was wondering what was a safe fuel pressure to run with the D&D in-line fuel pressure gauge and restrictor , I think the f7 were 39 lbs and help would be greatfull tks[/b]
Should be fine as long as you change to premium pump fuel. I've used a key in my ZRT for years now and run 91 Esso fuel ( when I have the choice ). 87 or 89 octane fuel may cause a detonation condition. Can't help you with the fuel pressure.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
if you trail ride make sure its ok... a while back black majic racing sent a e-mail to me and said that these new ecus,, cant handle the keys,, only for 500-660 ft??? racing only... just that i was told.. !!!,, i had them in f7 all the time...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I had Dale at D&D tell me that he doesn't recommend running a key on the trail. I like to hold it wide open for over 2 miles, so im not going the key route. But I will still use premium fuel.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also had a key in my 05 f7 , and was going to put it in the f8 , but was wondering about the knock sensor in this machine? If there is any problems? and what about fuel pressue , Some say they run lean know add fuel don't take it away . Any suguesstion?///

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.