Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Switchback Assault 800
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The businesses of the Upper Peninsula need our help. Whether you ride there or not these are the people that make things happen in the sport we love in one of the best snowmobiling areas in North America. And you will not find more genuine and deserving people. The businesses and livelihoods of the folks in the UP almost entirely depend on snowmobilers in the winter months and the government has shut them down. They arent going to get help from them so it falls on us. Time for all of you to pitch in and be part of a solution. Please help

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
Cool deal, but unfortunately it's the same everywhere, no snow = no business. Here in NY many have not gone to the snow mecca of Tug Hill and Old Forge, let alone riding their own local trails due to basically no snow.

·
Registered
Switchback Assault 800
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool deal, but unfortunately it's the same everywhere, no snow = no business. Here in NY many have not gone to the snow mecca of Tug Hill and Old Forge, let alone riding their own local trails due to basically no snow.
You can still donate...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm heading up next week to spend some money at many of the fine establishments! This is a great idea for the ride event.
I also am headed up on Tuesday...hopefully we get some good snow over the weekend! I think I will also try to make it up for this event! Now....if my sled arrives it would make this easier.

·
Registered
Switchback Assault 800
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How are the conditions up there? I heard "early adopters" blew all of the snow off of the trails?
Not that good but snow and cold is in the forecast.

·
Public Relations Officer
Cat SX
15,848 Posts
Well, I sympathized with the cause until I read this.....
Well, bless your heart then. He's spot on with this. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. Enough is enough with this clear and blatant government overreach. It's clear that some of our illustrious leaders are a complete and utter mess and will cause massive havoc to businesses that are dependent on sledding every season. It's a shame because of complete partisan idiocy that many of these great places won't survive to open their doors every again. We all lose.

Now, gentlemen, keep in mind that this is a rules forum so, tread lightly here. Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,306 Posts
How are the conditions up there? I heard "early adopters" blew all of the snow off of the trails?
Not good, this ski has about 200 miles on it, I'm afraid to look and see what the next 130 miles did to it LOL FTR, all the riding I did was north of the Portage Lift Bridge.
IMG_1204.JPEG

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Not good, this ski has about 200 miles on it, I'm afraid to look and see what the next 130 miles did to it LOL FTR, all the riding I did was north of the Portage Lift Bridge.
Those ProSteers look hurt. How was it over towards Gay and Lac La Belle?

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,306 Posts
Those ProSteers look hurt. How was it over towards Gay and Lac La Belle?
The trail to Gay was closed for logging, 132 to LaBelle was OK. Trail 3 looked good......but was harsh as evidenced by looking at what was my brand new skis. Anything off-trail is going to be a sled breaker.

I last rode up there on the 1st and there has not been any snow to speak of since then, this dusting of snow that is coming up there isn't going to do much, especially in light of the 3 day weekend which will bring crowds up which will pummel both snow and machine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts