Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My carbides are gone (or should I say still gone) need to order up some new ones, but don't like the stock ones with all the carbide at the back, who is running what and how does it turn?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've got a 700 fuse. I am running the 07 ski's and rubber which helped with steering effort. This year I put 6" Studboy shaper bars on and am very happy with them. Machine turns better and effort is good.

Oh, my track is unstudded.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My carbides are gone (or should I say still gone) need to order up some new ones, but don't like the stock ones with all the carbide at the back, who is running what and how does it turn?[/b]
I run the Woodys Trailblazer 6" carbides on my 600. I am happy with their turning and how they hold the corners. I am now running a 136" track and they seem to work well together.

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
6" Shapers (stock skis + 144 studs) and putting rear scissor stop on high made my 05 900 fuse turn real well. In sticky snow a little too well.

Disclaimer: we all ride different and want our sleds to handle differently.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I put shaper bars on both my Fusions this year, what a big improvement over the single woody's I was running.

600 Fusion - 6" shapers with 144 studs
900 Fusion - 9" shapers with 192 studs

·
Registered
542 Posts
Im not running studs What I have found the best is run 6 inches of woodys I have an 06 fusion. To cut done on the heavy steering I
grinde the back of the skag behind the carbide to make the bar nearly flat but it protects the ski. I just tried a pair of 6inch shaper bars and they are great but more than I need. Without studs I think the 4 1/2 inch shapers would be plenty but grindeing the bar will make your steering effort better. Just my opinion

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
if you want to turn shaper bars are the best choice , they will increase effort slightly just because they are very aggessive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts