Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard the Polaris dealership was taken away from Timberview and they tried to get a Yamaha dealership but were denied. Also heard the restaurant/inn is in receivership?

When did this all happen?

·
Registered
383 Posts
what the hell??

·
Registered
312 Posts
They got rid of the polaris dealership back in the springtime. Dont know about the bar, I haven't heard anything to suggest that.

·
Super Advanced Member
4,093 Posts
they are no longer a dealer. I like the bar and food....

·
Registered
326 Posts
The 1st time I went to Timberview in the 2001 season I thought it was the cats meow, bamds on weekends,bar opened late,nice people and decent food-----fast foward a few years later ; Now they close at 9pm, the wife hates everyone,no sled dealership and not so nice staff!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Been taken away for some time.
I'm told there is a long story behind it.
Check Absolutesnowmobile.com and their web cam has not been on all season.
Don't know if the restaurant/bar is open.

·
Premium Member
38,064 Posts
Lets be honest...the place all around sucked!![/b]
Yup, the owner is an asshole. His wife thinks she's 18 still and Gods gift to men. The wait for service/food is rediculous and the staff treat sledders like 2nd class citizens. Be a good place for someone with people skills to buy.

·
Registered
255 Posts
WOW!!Gosh i can remember the good ole days back in the early 90s at the timberview!The years that all polaris sleds were WEDGES,the motors and colors were just diffrent.We had a great time back then!The new years parties to the strippers do i need say more?John and laura were great people back then.ALot younger no kids and alot of new friends.But it seems the days of all the fun got old and laws have changed.Making all the good fun illegal per say.The ole hill of the early 90s is gone.The days of having a "few" beers and riding to the next bar are gone.Now you cant even leave the parking lot without getting checked by the man.Im sure after almost 20 years of busniess the bar scene is old and almost impossible to stay positive with all the laws and crappy weather.Give them a break when the hill was in its prime they were the number 1 spot for good looking girls and great food.The people who complain now about how bad everything on the hill is will never have a clue on how nice this untouched wonderland was in the early 90s.Boy do i wish i could go back!

·
Premium Member
38,064 Posts
Been riding Tug Hill for a few decades. There is no excuse for treating customers like shit. If your sick of the game, sell to someone who is young, hungry & has a vision of what that place could be again. I don't drink & ride on Tug Hill at all, too many retards. They did the great things they did in the 90's for the almighty dollar. Don't kid yourself.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
WOW!!Gosh i can remember the good ole days back in the early 90s at the timberview!The years that all polaris sleds were WEDGES,the motors and colors were just diffrent.We had a great time back then!The new years parties to the strippers do i need say more?John and laura were great people back then.ALot younger no kids and alot of new friends.But it seems the days of all the fun got old and laws have changed.Making all the good fun illegal per say.The ole hill of the early 90s is gone.The days of having a "few" beers and riding to the next bar are gone.Now you cant even leave the parking lot without getting checked by the man.Im sure after almost 20 years of busniess the bar scene is old and almost impossible to stay positive with all the laws and crappy weather.Give them a break when the hill was in its prime they were the number 1 spot for good looking girls and great food.The people who complain now about how bad everything on the hill is will never have a clue on how nice this untouched wonderland was in the early 90s.Boy do i wish i could go back![/b]
You said it brother!! Lets face it all the places used to rock up there. Its like local bars around here. I mean as bad as it sounds you just can't have the fun like you used to. The law is watching you every second. I laugh when people talk crap about the hill these days you don't see no where near as much traffic as you used to and damn do I miss those moguls that you would see the sled ahead of you dissappear in! Back when grooming was rare and snow was abundant!!!!

Been riding Tug Hill for a few decades. There is no excuse for treating customers like shit. If your sick of the game, sell to someone who is young, hungry & has a vision of what that place could be again. I don't drink & ride on Tug Hill at all, too many retards. They did the great things they did in the 90's for the almighty dollar. Don't kid yourself.[/b]
Man so many people talk shit about alot of the business owners up there. I think it must be stuck up idiot customers. Our group gets along with alot of them up there. I feel bad they have to deal with people like this all day long. I go out of my way to talk to every one up there, maybe its just me and my crew we get along with everybody and take care of our servers.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Man so many people talk shit about alot of the business owners up there. I think it must be stuck up idiot customers. Our group gets along with alot of them up there. I feel bad they have to deal with people like this all day long. I go out of my way to talk to every one up there, maybe its just me and my crew we get along with everybody and take care of our servers.[/b]
I for one only know the Timberview for 2+ years and I hated it from the very first time I called inquiring about rooms - the owner bitch was short and rude with me on the phone because they happen to be sold out that weekend. I call right back to inquire about parts and she hangs up on me before I could even ask....lol

I heard it was a married couple from the big city and they obviously have run it into the ground - losers!

I stopped and spent money there ONE time for lunch just before the phone crap happened and any other time since (like 3 times total) was just to take a piss and get warmed up before riding all the way back to Old Forge. I would never fuel up there as that was a total insult rip-off 87 octane hose job if I remember correctly..........

Terrible - they burned me instantly and obviously others so they got what they deserved as far as I'm concerned.........

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think Top Gun summed it up right. If you can't treat your customers right then you shouldn't own the place. It's time for you to get out of the business in that situation. I don't feel bad for a business and give them pity because of the laws they have to deal with. THAT'S BUSINESS. You have to conform to the laws of your business. If not, get out of the business.

I think the problem there was that when they first opened the place it was just a route for having a bunch of fun. The owner was a dentist from Long Island who wanted a change of life. He bought the place, dumped money into it and began mixing a massive partying life with a new-business life (tough to be successful at both). Their website use to be loaded with pics of stripper parties, etc. I think that's where he ended up meeting his wife. Life was good while money, booze, irresponsibility and whatever else was flowing. I remember calling the Inn for a trail report and they ripped my head off saying I shouldn't call there but should call another number instead. WTF - that's their business. That and gas that was marked up $3 a gallon and a groomer that only looked good sitting next to the building. I met the guy at the Big East one year and he seemed like a nice guy. I just think priorities ended up getting mixed up. Unfortunately the wakeup call of how to run a business has rung. It's a shame about hearing another business take a fall but I think everyone could see this coming from day one. The money is gone.

I could be totally wrong and there could be other reasons for the downfall but perception is usally reality.[/b]
Polaris bum you are 100% correct! What i was just stating is The hill has changed.I used to love tug hill i actually still do!!!The timberview was the "niteclub"of the hill back in the day.You had it right he was a dentist,they also owned a firework company in jersey.What they did for the hill in the mid 90s was great.One of my buddies was dating the bar girl back in the day(mindy).We used to go up there everyweekend and have a awesome time.I was quite surprised though when we stopped up there for the first time in years.No more huge billboards with pics of wild parties!Can anyone remember when all the girls including laura would walk around with there asses hanging out?This is my own opinion and alot of new riders wont agree.The hill is one of the best places to ride in the east but its outgrowing itself fast.The weather has been crap for the 4th season now.The new laws are there to make the trails safe yes but when you go thru 4 safety checks in 2 hrs it really ruins sledding.I will take the old days back anyday!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Polaris bum you are 100% correct! What i was just stating is The hill has changed.I used to love tug hill i actually still do!!!The timberview was the "niteclub"of the hill back in the day.You had it right he was a dentist,they also owned a firework company in jersey.What they did for the hill in the mid 90s was great.One of my buddies was dating the bar girl back in the day(mindy).We used to go up there everyweekend and have a awesome time.I was quite surprised though when we stopped up there for the first time in years.No more huge billboards with pics of wild parties!Can anyone remember when all the girls including laura would walk around with there asses hanging out?This is my own opinion and alot of new riders wont agree.The hill is one of the best places to ride in the east but its outgrowing itself fast.The weather has been crap for the 4th season now.The new laws are there to make the trails safe yes but when you go thru 4 safety checks in 2 hrs it really ruins sledding.I will take the old days back anyday![/b]
so you are saying that you miss the good old days when you could drink all day and ride your sled without being hassled by the cops????. Drinking and riding bar to bar is all that is wrong with the hill and you miss that??? Are my missing something here???

·
Registered
273 Posts
WOW!!Gosh i can remember the good ole days back in the early 90s at the timberview!-We had a great time back then!The new years parties to the strippers do i need say more?J[/b]

STIRPPERS!!! Damn! I got into sleddin' in 2000. I am always a day late and a dollar short. How come nobody tells me this chit!

%$#@&!!

But in truth, I never went back after waiting nearly an hour for a burger & chili on a slow mid-week day.

·
Registered
255 Posts
so you are saying that you miss the good old days when you could drink all day and ride your sled without being hassled by the cops????. Drinking and riding bar to bar is all that is wrong with the hill and you miss that??? Are my missing something here???[/b]
HERE WE GO.NO i dont miss the drinking and riding part.I never EVER drank enough that i would be a illegal rider.What im trying to say is that i MISS the old days.The days that tug hill was unknown to anyone south of utica.The days when you could go to tug hill on a saturday and ride powder all day and all nite.The days when you could stop by a local bar walk in and actually were treated good.The days when if you wanted a good sled you would by a motor plate and take a rotax 583 and drop it in a polaris chassis with a set of crank shop pipes for the ultimate sled.The days that you could actually go around a corner and not have to hold your breath wondering if a snowcross wanna be would be in your lane.The days when gas was 1.00 a gallon.I could go on and on.I guess you hit a nerve.The real tug hill of the past is gone.I miss it.YEA the timberview blows now REALLY blows.The point was made im not one of those all day binge drinkers who cant walk or ride.The deal is when you get suited up ride 1/2 mile down the trail and have to wait 15 min at a checkpoint then ride another 10 miles and hit another is just plain goofy.So whats my point here?I ride tug in march and april when all the traffic is gone and the snowcrossers are home.Im so glad that there are more trails east with just as much snow as tug.

·
Premium Member
26,177 Posts
:veryangry:

My experience with the A^&hole owner was there with 8 guys 4 rooms booked for 4 days cpl of years back.The days we were there was 20 below really cold asked to borrow extension cord to plug in a diesel at there shop and was told didnt have 1.Had to drive to Lowville and spend $45 on a cord from the Napa.Always rude to us when we stayed there and definetely does not appreciate your business try to avoid at all costs.And his grooming sucks most of the time when everyone else is groomed he has not.Sorry to vent but glad everyone is seeing him for what he is now a bigtime A^&hole.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had a group of 10 stay at the Timberview. After riding all day we headed back to eat and party it up at the bar. The bartender watched us walk in, take all our helmets, coats and pants off and then she said the bar was closing in 5 minutes no food or drink. It was 8:30! WTF!! We would have spent a few hundred bucks. That place sucks!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Polaris bum you are 100% correct! What i was just stating is The hill has changed.I used to love tug hill i actually still do!!!The timberview was the "niteclub"of the hill back in the day.You had it right he was a dentist,they also owned a firework company in jersey.What they did for the hill in the mid 90s was great.One of my buddies was dating the bar girl back in the day(mindy).We used to go up there everyweekend and have a awesome time.I was quite surprised though when we stopped up there for the first time in years.No more huge billboards with pics of wild parties!Can anyone remember when all the girls including laura would walk around with there asses hanging out?This is my own opinion and alot of new riders wont agree.The hill is one of the best places to ride in the east but its outgrowing itself fast.The weather has been crap for the 4th season now.The new laws are there to make the trails safe yes but when you go thru 4 safety checks in 2 hrs it really ruins sledding.I will take the old days back anyday![/b]

Ahhhh Mindy, she was always a good time!!!

1 - 20 of 104 Posts