Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone stayed at Timberview. I have reservations there on January 12-14. I think I am going to move them to the next weekend though since there is no snow. I have only been to the bar there once and never stayed. How are the accomodations and where is a good ride from there? Looks like the long range on accuweather is showing snow for there on the 14th and 15th but that is pretty far out there and most likely will change. Let me know what you think. I usually stay on the other side of the hill in Old Forge. thanks

·
Registered
491 Posts
Only part that sucks is the little wood trail just to the right of the View'.....

Once at Talbots Corners you can access basically anywhere on the hill. The Old Railroad Bed down to Michigan Mills is a good ride, #9 to Highmarket/Barrows is cool, McGoldrick truck trail etc.

You can swing North to the Flat Rock/Montague area.....

The Timberview is a bit pricey but a nice place!

Kidd

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have never stayed at Timberview (live about 14 miles away) but know that the accomodations and food are quite good. As far as good rides from Timberview there are several options (weather allowing). A ride/loop I enjoy is from Timberview towards Highmarket then onto the West Leyden area. From there we ride to Osceola and then to Redfield. Then take trail from Redfield through Mad River Club (beautiful section of trail) up towards Salmon River Road and then to Montague. Once you are there you can travel to Barnes Corners or back towards Flat Rock and eventually Timberview. This loop is great on the right day. Lots of places to eat, drink and gas up. A map of our area would be useful for this trip. If you have one, you'll see that there are several different trails you can take to make this loop. Another good ride/loop would be to go from Timberview to Flat Rock onto Barnes Corners. Then from there travel to Copenhagen / Carthage. At that point you can venture across the bridge in Carthage and eventually make your way to Stillwater. From Stillwater back to Brantingham and eventually return to Timberview. These rides/loops require a full day at normal speeds and conditions. At the present there is very little to no snow here. WE NEED SNOW!!! The first loop I mentioned would probably be rideable before the second loop given normal (yeah right) snowfalls. The Carthage area loop has some road riding that requires cold weather and adequate snow coverage. Take a look at our club website for some more info on food/lodging, weather/trail conditions and other area info. We are constantly updating and trying to build a good rider friendly database for such inquiries. If you have any suggestions let me know. THINK SNOW!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts