Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to tightening my track tomorrow and for some reason I cant remember which bolts to tighten.

Its a 04 panther 570. thing was ratcheting like a beast today. Thought i bent the axel but its saging 2 inchs.

which one do i tighten? i am having a brain fart.

·
Premium Member
31,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#9 i think. its all covered in slush right now thawing in the garage. i just cant remember which one to turn.

·
Premium Member
31,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is that the one that uses a weird looking tool?

this is so different then the old 440 i had

·
Premium Member
31,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats the one. i knew it was a gold one. theres 2 of them.

will have to wait till morning cause its a solid chunk of snow and slush.

·
Banned
2021 Gade XRS 900T
16,844 Posts
Your probably going to have to loosen the idler wheel bolts as well so the whole assembly slides back in the slots. Looks like bolt #25

·
Registered
386 Posts
Part #34
[/b]

You will have to loosen 34 first so you can loosen the lock nut 33. Then tighten 34 so you have the right track tension. Next make sure that your track is aligned. There are number of way to do it one is to make sure that both the 34's (right and left are sicking out about the same length) another is to make sure that the amount of track sticking out from the rear idler wheel is about the same. Once you have adjusted and aligned your track, tighten 33. It is fairly easy but you will just have to do it couple of times.

·
Premium Member
31,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
have no clue after i tightened it. but i did find something else that doesnt look right so its going in to the shop cause its beyond my ability. plus it hasnt been in the shop since we bought it so good time for a check up and maybe my parts i ordered will be in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts