Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this one going to amount to anything say Greenville North or going to fizzle out? Early but aint read anything that the man has posted. Weather Channel calling for 8" to 14" Thur/Fri

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Is this one going to amount to anything say Greenville North or going to fizzle out? Early but aint read anything that the man has posted. Weather Channel calling for 8" to 14" Thur/Fri
i sure f#cking hope so. Spring is going to come quick if something doesn't change soon

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i sure f#cking hope so. Spring is going to come quick if something doesn't change soon
The way I see it Spring is already here. I've been fighting my emotions thinking it's early February and Winter still has a chance but the writing is on the wall. The weather just hasn't been dropping down in any arctic blasts from Canada like we are used to seeing around here. This whole Winter it's been a pattern of West to East with all this warm air breaking records. The weather guys and gals on channel 6 say February looks to run its course with above normal temperatures as far out as they can see. The angle of the sun is now getting stronger and having the ability to quickly eat up whatever snow we might get if the rain doesn't get to it first. The lower half of the state has no base at all to speak of. Some guys love the Spring riding more than the colder type we usually get in January. Hook up your trailer and start driving North. Spring is here boys!! Looking at the bright side as a way to fight off the depression, I'll be installing Docks in March if this shit continues. I'm already rooting for next year's Winter to actually show up. :wall:

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have to agree with few of the comments above. as much as I hate to say this we never got into a good weather pattern that would dump snow on us. With out January and February snow pack there will be no spring riding. It’s almost been like spring riding this winter with Warmer than normal temps .

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am still holding out hope but it is fading fast. Have a bunch of young people coming to my place Prez weekend to try snowmobiling. Unless something dramatic happens it 'aint gonna happen. I have never been much for ice fishing but it may be time for a new winter hobby. This one has become too expensive and too gut wrenching.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope your right. Spring riding is my favorite. Can stop and cook some burg & dogs on top of a mtn somewhere and not worry about freezing your nut sack off.

Id forget about the first 7 weeks of the season pretty quick if it starts snowing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What’s probably going to happen is we’re going to get tons of snow in late February and March. 2 years ago we got 5 feet of snow in March.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just ordered a $4800 electronics package for my boat so fuck this miserable un-winter. Really, either snow or don't, none of this in between garbage weather.

same here i just spent a grand on some new fishing gear and boat show is next week for a radar and MFD im about ready to just giveup on sledding this season maybe go trail riding once or twice in march

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Am I missing something? Isnt there trail riding say Milli north?
Plenty of riding north of Milli. But there won’t be until the end of March at the rate we are going! I prefer spring riding but I like it when there’s plenty of snow. Nothing like high sun and long daylight hours when your riding. Late Feb thru March is my favorite time to ride

·
Registered
479 Posts
Conditions were great from CLH south until about 1/2 way to NEC, then they became bumpy. However, I heard that the trail from NEC to Pittston Farm was great.

Conditions were outstanding this weekend from Shin Pond, thru Bowlin Camps, thru Matagamon and north. Plenty of snow out of Nugent's, Libby's, etc. Umcolcus had decent coverage, trails a bit bumpy, but reasonable.

You've got to drive to ride, until we get coverage in other areas, but Millinocket north is still in great shape.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rode from jackman to pittston farms last weekend and trails were good, a little icy in the corners but trails were smooth and had good coverage. A foot of snow and the trails would be great.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Yes, there is great riding in The County. We drive 14 hours to ride here a few times a year. Of course, we come for a week, not a weekend. I'm surprised that people who are only a few hours away won't drive that distance. 3 days so far and about 400 miles and only about 10% was a LITTLE bumpy.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts