Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Putting a new chain in the drop case it has reverse it’s got one of those clock spring automatic chain adjustersCan’t find any information on initial setting Anyone have experience with them for the initial setting if I screw this back any further it’s going to hit the case The little button on the end of the adjuster is out about 3/16 of an inch which gives a chain a little bit of movement Your experience and input would be appreciated thank you
1C221327-1922-412C-BD67-8F566D688F78.jpeg
in

·
Registered
937 Posts
Not quite sure what you are asking, The tensioner is all the way in on the case and there is no adjustment to that or the adjuster stem and spring. I'm not sure if the the adjuster bolt would need adjusting, it looks fine to me. I think the only reason its adjustable is the thickness of the case.
The little bolt you see, cap screw, on the tensioner is to keep dirt out. Before servicing you have to remove that cap screw and replace it with an 8-32 set screw. You can now safely remove the tensioner. After repair to the chain the set screw has top be removed and replaced with the cap screw.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts