Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 6" riser with Powermadd Pivot adapter. I don't want to hear any of the "what the hell do you need that much rise for". I am using them to put the bars forward more as oppose to up. Anywho, I am wondering what you guys have used for extensions for the throttle and brake. I want to do this right, but the kits I have seen are expensive. Wondering what to do, and where I should buy the kits. The snowmobile is an '01 XCSP 800.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
an 04 pro xr throttle cable is about 6" longer as is the brake line. The cable is kind of a special piece,but the brake line will be pricey from pol,you can go to an aeroquip store and they will make up a #4 braided hose in whatever lenght you need for about 1/3 what pol will want.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
You can get both from Powermadd. You will need both a throttle cable extension and a brakeline extension.
I put a Powermadd articulating riser conversion kit with a 2" riser block (total rise of 4 1/2") on my '01 600 and I was able to make it work with the stock throttle cable and brakeline. There was plenty of brakeline length, but I had to cut a ziptie to give me enough brakeline slack for when I turn the bars all the way to the left. Im sure that if you went with 6" you will need both the throttle cable and brakeline extensions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.